CoronaVirus - let's try to be upbeat

ATTAK Z

37 minutes ago, SHEZZA said:

I’m in the construction industry, Great ! If I don’t go to work , no pay. Totally  p1$$ed off 

im in the same boat as you mate, been worrying about it for the last 2 weeks, just bought a new van before xmas which needs to be kept working,

but my family means more to me than any new van or car. my mrs is 1 of the 1's at high risk.

hopefully boris will have a decent package for us as well......

Erm, last two posts not really upbeat :surrender:

So tomorrow, watching my two grandchildren while their nurse parents struggle on, we’re going to get the eldest (7) to start a diary, historic times and all that, but with the caveat, she needs to start each entry with what happens in her house the night before :lol:

She’s written a letter to her hero, David Walliams, including her manuscript for a new book by him and all she wants in return is to meet him and get a hug :thumbs:.  Think she’s read about seven of his books now, wanting to read them all.

This ^ together with his top trump game gets us all through the day, oh I might wash my car, I’ll post pics :teeth: 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@SHEZZA @Whitevanman

Ref. above posts:

I do feel your pain and thanks for your contributions to this thread. I too used to work in construction and totally understand what you are saying. Thankfully, I'm now retired (and in a risk group due to age) so my days currently are not too different to what I've been doing for the last two years.

The government have just announced measures to help the self employed and I trust that will ease your worries, but I started this thread to celebrate the good things that are happening right now so that we can help each other to see light at the end of the tunnel.

I really do think that this disaster will bring the best out in most people and that we can all work together to make that happen.

Rant over and hope all Zedders come through this.

• Like 3

On 24/03/2020 at 12:44, Ponsonby said:

I was trying to find something in the garage to do overhead lifts with but the only thing I could find of a suitable weight was my BBQ gas bottle. Maybe not a good idea but then going out in a big explosion is preferable to C-19

well other than the fact that I feel like death warmed up, I have no excuses for not coming out of this looking like a young Arnie

IMG_20200327_112422.jpg.7b5c96128fec029395f890a3781ca9f6.jpg

IMG_20200327_112442.jpg.5115a7773a3d2b44878bce2d91d3d0a9.jpg

IMG_20200327_112944.jpg.8dde4be94497d6686ed592a5e14a0962.jpg

IMG_20200327_112554.jpg.3fb1bb43bd5bb29f820c97c817415a49.jpg

:shrug:

• Like 1

7 hours ago, andybp said:

well other than the fact that I feel like death warmed up, I have no excuses for not coming out of this looking like a young Arnie

:shrug:

Is that your Ivan Drako gym to my Rocky Balboa gym?

Day 12 of WFH, Arnold Schwarzenegger workout is still not yielding visual results but is getting easier. Lewis Hamilton Challenge on GT is going better, improved my lines by following him around a lot and starting to take some time out of him now - just the 2 seconds a lap down on him at Interlagos. 

Please note, I was 0.14 seconds ahead part way through turn 1.

91630246_2737457056302578_4658068907855183872_o.jpg

• Like 4

I think I need to invest in an orbital polisher and related kit. Anyone recommend anything? Any good videos to teach me the technique? 

Car is always given a 2 bucket wash but with the extra time it'd be good to learn to detail it myself and restore the paint. 

29 minutes ago, Umster said:

I think I need to invest in an orbital polisher and related kit. Anyone recommend anything? Any good videos to teach me the technique? 

Car is always given a 2 bucket wash but with the extra time it'd be good to learn to detail it myself and restore the paint. 

I replied to your other post, but this kit will do you. Throw in some Scholl S30+, a pad brush, a decent backing plate and some tape and you're pretty much good to go.

Keep the Navy pad away from a Z, it's too heavy a cut for soft Japanese butter-based paint!!

I also highly recommend some (probably a couple of each) spot pads (and backing plate) for the curvier/smaller sections.

Good technique - Detailing World has a mountain of good information, but some key points to remember:

Keep the pad flat on the surface.

Work the polish fully.

Keep the machine moving (less important with a dual action polisher like the DAS).

Apply some pressure, but if the machine is bogging down it's too much pressure.

A 2kilo machine is heavier than you'd ever imagine on vertical panels!

You can't really go too wrong with a DA polisher unless you're massively hamfisted so don't overthink it too much, so long as you're reasonably sensible you'll be fine.

Unfortunately Polished Bliss' blog is no more as there was a fantastic guide on there (along with absolute gems like this) but I'm sure someone else will be along to provide tutorial links shortly.

• Thanks 1