CoronaVirus - let's try to be upbeat

ATTAK Z

In these dangerous times, we're bound to get a bit bored about self isolating or perhaps dealing with illness. So I thought I'd start a thread where we can try to lift spirits and post about the good things that are happening.

I saw this on PH and laughed out loud so I thought I'd share ha ha.

THIS PILOT MUST BE BORED

512887072_PlaneTrack.jpg.3c370ddc8bdadc20f49ea7ba5e329730.jpg

Edited by ATTAK Z
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

Mrs after her shift picking up a couple things from local Tesco superstore got given a bunch of flowers from a store employee, as a thank for all the work being done by the care industry :clap:

867652031_IMG_20200322_1843354462.jpg.0bda0011ded9b6d85a17981b1ff1d81f.jpg

Edited by davey_83
  • Like 5

I found this play on a scaremongering message hilarious

Just a heads up The Ministry of Defence have been told to be on standby for complete UK lockdown as of Sunday evening at 6pm... No one is to leave their home's unless you work in Front Line Retail or the NHS...

I heard this directly from my neighbour Trigger who is best friends with a guy called Boycey.  Boycey knows a guy named Del who drinks down the pub with his uncle Albert.  Albert was in the Navy during the war so knows his stuff. 

Please pass it on.

Can't beat Only Fools and Horses. :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Myself and three other McMustangers went out today for what was supposed to be a ‘shakedown’ after our winter of modding sprees, pre Spa.  The sun was glorious, the Scottish Borders were an awesome sight, roads were mostly empty, we were socially distant, had walkie talkies and had a great laugh.

140 odd miles of absolute bliss.  Cars all behaved themselves impeccably, as did we :rolleyes:

Very uplifting 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, SuperStu said:

Day 2 of beefing up at home with Arnold Schwarzenegger - no discernible improvements, some aching. Expecting big things on Day 3.

I'm on the program with you Stu. Did a full hour yesterday, thought I worked really hard but no aches today. I'll send a tweet to Arnie and ask his if he can revise the program for us. I suspect that he hasn't given us the full info because he doesn't want us getting bigger than him.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, SuperStu said:

Day 2 of beefing up at home with Arnold Schwarzenegger - no discernible improvements, some aching. Expecting big things on Day 3.

I was trying to find something in the garage to do overhead lifts with but the only thing I could find of a suitable weight was my BBQ gas bottle. Maybe not a good idea but then going out in a big explosion is preferable to C-19

15 hours ago, ATTAK Z said:

Just come in from an afternoon in the garden ... I managed to scarify the lawn and then gave it the first cut of spring ... weeding the borders next which is a PITA but has to be done

Rest day today and tomorrow and that ^^ about sums up my plans for the next two days :teeth:.

Take the dogs out in a bit, into the now Covid Zombie Land.

Then, as last night, I’ll relax in my ‘cigarage lounge’, have a beer and a stogie :thumbs:

10 FUN FACTS

1. You can't see your ears without a mirror.

2. You can't count your hair.

3. You can't breathe through your nose, with your tongue out.

4. You just tried No.3

6.When you did No.3 you realised that it is possible, only you look like a dog.

7. You are smiling right now, because you were fooled.

8. You skipped No.5.

9. You just checked to see if there is a No.5.

10. Share this with friends and family so they can have fun too:lol:

HAVE A NICE DAY.

• Like 2
  • Haha 7
  • Confused 1

@Whitevanman

No. 5

In 1255 Henry III declared that Lincoln Cathedral be rebuilt following a disastrous fire. In 1311 thanks to the wooden and lead spire on the central tower, the Cathedral became the tallest building in the world. For 237 years the Cathedral stood until disastrously, the central spire collapsed in 1548.

Well 85 % of the staff at y company have been furloughed... they're not allowed to work and are on 80% pay (topped up by the company if the govt 80% is less than their actual 80%).  Meanwhile the other 15% (including me) have been reduced to a 4 day week, and also had a pay cut to 80%.  Some say its not fair... im just glad i've still got a job.  All working from home by the way.

My friend said "they must really like you, or really hate you". :lol:

• Like 1

I got told to take my PC home with me yesterday, i'd commuted on the bike so had done around 50 miles in the end after swapping for the car! I've never seen roads this clear!

Beautiful warm sunny day with no-one on the roads. Under other sircumstances it would have been heaven. Oh well now to sit inside and enjoy a trip to Tesco in a few more days! Apparently the panic buying has stopped

1 hour ago, ATTAK Z said:

@Whitevanman

No. 5

In 1255 Henry III declared that Lincoln Cathedral be rebuilt following a disastrous fire. In 1311 thanks to the wooden and lead spire on the central tower, the Cathedral became the tallest building in the world. For 237 years the Cathedral stood until disastrously, the central spire collapsed in 1548.

it's a stunning view from the top of it...…..