GoHashiri's FairladyZ Build in Japan

GoHashiri

Hi all,

Sorry it's been a while. I was hoping to update this post sharing pics of my new car. As msitpro said, the return to the track was not kind on the engine. 

Probably back in August now, I visited the track and put a few laps down only to start hearing a knocking sound at high revs under load - I couldn't replicate it at a standstill. I figured my engine was finally knackered, particularly given the oil pressure woes I had been facing. Anyhow, I toyed with the idea of getting it replaced - which was the most financially viable option - but in the end decided to bite the bullet and buy a Skyline R34 GTT, just as prices for these were rocketing.

The Z was afantastic car for the short amount of time I had it but it needed work - as all cars like this do - and I just figured, before I go all in on it I may as well get my dream JDM sports car. 

I wanted to keep the Z but it was just a bit of a nuisance owning 2 cars in the short-term, whilst my landlord charges me around £50 p/month p/car to park it. Not to mention it would have probably sat there for about 6 months whilst I worked on the Skyline. 

Anyhow, I'll post some pictures of the new car when it finally arrives (in the next couple of weeks). Here's a few I never got round to posting!

IMG_7993-1.jpg.db92a75bf9e982d7c35fc0d8a171c44c.jpgIMG_7029-1.jpg.1ae99ad3feba81a02eb1b89344e0aae3.jpg

IMG_6803-1.jpg.42fee2ff0c6f683eee08f699b61a3de0.jpg

IMG_6727-5.jpg.7bb459c827c3aa0478106cb96ac0ad39.jpg

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

On 10/10/2020 at 01:24, msitpro said:

@GoHashiri well this thread is going to die off, isn't it? 

The return to track wasn't kind on the engine.

Hahaha - unfortunately, yeah. I don't know what good it will be starting my new car build here. Although, I'll probably link this to my new thread on the new forum. No idea what the Skyline bunch are like though. 

On 08/10/2020 at 21:57, Payco said:

Any Datsun 510 retro's running out your way ?

Oooffff, I can't say I've seen one. I sometimes see Hakosukas or Kenmeris (see pic below). 

On 07/10/2020 at 21:47, Luigi350z said:

No other lovely pics from Japan? :D

TOOO MANY! my IG page still gets updated: @gohashiriya - surprise surprise. Cheers for the compliment!

IMG_9962-1.jpg

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Luigi350z said:

Ohhhhhh! this is fantastic!

Welcome back! Very happy to read again about you ;)

Thanks Luigi! It's crazy the amount of places which are deserted because of the covid situation.

4 hours ago, SuperStu said:

Are you sure these gorgeous shots aren’t from Gran Turismo?

Cheers pal! You could probably say that Gran Turismo has played an important role in taking me here.  

5 hours ago, marzman said:

Please stay on this forum and replace this thread with your Skyline build!  Your pictures are the best. :cloud9:

I'll update with my Skyline as soon as I get it! 

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi all, I finally took delivery of the R34 on December 24th and immediately went on a roadtrip to the Mt Fuji, Fuji five lakes area.

Coilover, arms and wheels are here waiting to be installed - hopefully this weekend - then it's off for my third alignment in a year. It needs some work, but hey, that's to be expected.

I appreciate the kind words on the Z. It was a great car and I'm fairly gutted I got rid of it but the space and the admin of keeping one car, let alone a second, is just too much of a pain for me right now.

It's gonna be a little while until I take it to the track, I'm guessing around the middle of the year we should be good. 

Enjoy some pics of it in it's current unmolested state!  

lol - seriously lucked out on the plate. They're randomly generated as far as I know.

IMG-9196-1.jpg

IMG-9274-1-PS.jpg

• Like 11