Nissan File New Trademark in Canada

GranTurismoEra

On 14/04/2020 at 09:38, Ekona said:

So they need to make a car with an engine mated to a manual ‘box (where that engine currently isn’t offered with one that I know of if we’re hoping for the V6 twin Turbo Infiniti lump, happy to be proved wrong mind you) and for a price of about £40-43k. 

I cannot see it happening. Ever. Auto maybe, but still it’s pie in the sky and nothing more than wishful thinking. 

Might be barking up the wrong tree but didnt that orange Nissan USA Built sema Clubsport 370z have the q50/60 3.0TT lump with a manual box?

Edited by StevoD
  • Like 1

IIRC Nissan stated the intention was to build something that someone could replicate for themselves with the potential of offering a home install kit, but they had no intention of manufacturing it as a complete car themselves, even then. I don’t see what could possibly have changed that stance into making it a production run over the last couple of years, especially now when they’re publicly stating that Nissan may be downscaling as a business.

On 15/04/2020 at 22:24, StevoD said:

Might be barking up the wrong tree but didnt that orange Nissan USA Built sema Clubsport 370z have the q50/60 3.0TT lump with a manual box?

was done by independent garages but yeah. Only gripe was it sounded terrible and didnt seem much faster. I dont think they can charge more than £35-£40,000 for this car regardless Lol

Will still appeal to lots of US folk with the 4 year old TT engine ripe for tuning. After watching one youtuber go through injector issues with his q60 ill say its not as straight forward post 500hp...

Yep Nissan are downsizing, lowering production numbers and expectation to sell a million less vehicles.....Workers in Tennessee have been furloughed for the time being with many factories cutting workers and staff. Post covid I see more cuts.

Any sports models depend on sales of the main events (Juke, Qashqai, X Trail, Sentra, Etc) to hit the 5 million mark. American dealers complained to the CEO on public perception of the brand as a bargain basement.

Certain Model refreshes have happened but more needs to be done.

Edited by GranTurismoEra

2 hours ago, GranTurismoEra said:

AS ABOVE

Is the 3.0TT a a merc lump?

unfortunately general nissan cars are @*!# now, i went to look at the new pulsar and the noise when you shut the door was hilarious such a thin tinney twang, Nissan very much has a bargain basement feel in the normal cars the Dacia of japan 

No, The 3.0 Liter Twin Turbo VR30DDTT from the Q60 and V37 Skyline or Q50 is a Nissan engine developed from the Nissan Le Mans R390. 

Mercedes only supply the 2.0 Engine for the V37 Skyline Sedan in Japan.

The engine is 4 years old and debuted with the Q50/60

Edited by GranTurismoEra

Is it not just an evolution of the VQ series? I remember seeing some guff about it taking things from the R390, but only in the same way the four banger in the A45 takes some inspiration from the lump in Lewis’ car i.e. not very much! 

It is an evolution of the VQ series engine. I guess that would be down to the engineers at base to comment on. They do design and build the other engines including the race cars as well as the Nismo GTR.

Renault were planning to develop a hybrid version of this VR engine for the Q60 it looks like that got shelved. Any chance of that hybrid engine being transferred to the Z line looks out of the window. They could have put the standard VR in the Z 3 years ago but chose not to. Any changes now will be futile, the engine is already years old and comes with its own set of issues. The VQ seems more viable for now if they wish to keep making the car and selling 150 per month worldwide.

As Steve O said, their quality isnt the best, 

Even if they made an electric in this segment by then there will be other brands doing it better. . There may be no reason to come back not even for a Leaf sports car which is basically where its headed according to this Trademark 

They do offer great range in the electric Leaf for a hefty £40,000. Model 3 equivalent might be better option. When speaking about performance we,ve seen with Tesla top model, the delay of their supercar, Porsche Taycan, Honda's cancelled E coupe etc that it wont come cheap or easy if thats the route they want to take in future. Due to their cutbacks. Maybe Mazda, Toyota or Honda will head that way sooner.

Edited by GranTurismoEra

• 3 weeks later...

Firstly, what a horrid website.

Secondy, what a ridiculous headline and strapline for the article that folows; hints abouts it's future? The only thing that article says about the future is literally;

It's all highly speculative and unconfirmed.

What a shame they ruined a perfectly good piece on the history of the Z by pretending it was anything else.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Big announcement next Thu when Nissan will outline their cut backs across different regions including the scrapping of the Datsun brand in India. They will also address to focus towards SUVs - this might include them officially announcing the end of the GTR and 370z. Given that the Mercedes X Class has been officially cut I have a feeling that 28 May will be the official verdict 

https://www.motorbiscuit.com/cost-cutting-kills-nissan-370z-and-gt-r-in-europe-could-us-be-next/

• 2 months later...
On 30/03/2020 at 19:13, ilogikal1 said:

So their source is... another magazine. And yet Nissan know nothing about this themselves. Seems legit then.

Also, this means there will be a GTA6. My sources tell me it’ll be released yesterday in secret because the internet said.

:lol:

• Haha 1