Nissan File New Trademark in Canada

GranTurismoEra

Nissan have filed new trademarks in Canada for their Official logo and a new retro style Z Badge. Possibly will follow suit for Japan and other countries sooner or later. Under the class & statement it mentions Electrically Assisted. so obviously covering themselves should it ever be. Other words used are sport utility vehicle and buses..Hybrid and electric system are mentioned also. Interesting. 

Filed on the 12th of March to cover the new technical areas it could go I guess

http://www.cipo.ic.gc.ca/app/opic-cipo/trdmrks/srch/viewTrademark.html?id=2017351-00&lang=eng&status=OK&fileNumber=2017351&extension=00&startingDocumentIndexOnPage=1

https://www.autoblog.com/2020/03/19/nissan-z-car-logo-trademark/?guccounter=1&guce_referrer=aHR0cHM6Ly93d3cuZ29vZ2xlLmNvbS8&guce_referrer_sig=AQAAABfi0GZJLXUbdarlHmsbAs1XfasiTDSFuQ_D9txv5go0KmAFNCwmR2lmuTfaYup-CP4xoyUljt5ifO8xUbIjWNHKTQqyHEJIT6jEG6kKJAlfvrmIZq_VoesAWQ7XAhRe8LW83-cpWGIvelyxZSPueddndXjRGkJxSCPw6KQfqeOw

https://www.motor1.com/news/405136/new-nissan-z-logos/

https://www.motortrend.com/news/2021-nissan-z-badging-revealed-trademark-info/

zzz.jpg

zz.jpg

Edited by GranTurismoEra

http://www.cipo.ic.gc.ca/app/opic-cipo/trdmrks/srch/viewTrademark.html?id=2017351-00&lang=eng&status=OK&fileNumber=2017351&extension=00&startingDocumentIndexOnPage=1

No need to make this official. The extra coverage in the class statement means all options on the table including electrification. 

Rockstar have done a similar thing with their website domain for GTA 6. Doesn't guarantee anything  or imply. Just means they are looking into different arenas/possibilities and revising their brand trademarks. No ones saying there will be a new car or GTA 6. 

Edited by GranTurismoEra

• 2 weeks later...

Another possible twist hinted by Forbes website is that there will be an end of life cycle facelift in 2021 and then a new model c.2025

The facelift will be the engine from the Q60. The 2025 next gen will be based on a whole new platform. 

Again speculation. But dropping a new facelift making use of the 3.0t engines doesn't sound like cuckoo land stuff - perhaps those recent N'burg mules were to see if the engine swap was do-able on a 370z shell. 

Source (a bit slow to load): 

https://www.forbes.com/sites/peterlyon/2020/03/25/facelifted-nissan-z-to-get-400hp-v6-next-gen-model-to-employ-electrified-powertrain/#7a180e4e2af4

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ilogikal1 said:

So their source is... another magazine. And yet Nissan know nothing about this themselves. Seems legit then.

Also, this means there will be a GTA6. My sources tell me it’ll be released yesterday in secret because the internet said.

Hence the "again speculation"

On 30/03/2020 at 19:13, ilogikal1 said:

So their source is... another magazine. And yet Nissan know nothing about this themselves. Seems legit then.

Also, this means there will be a GTA6. My sources tell me it’ll be released yesterday in secret because the internet said.

calm down guy. No need to let it run away.

• Thanks 1

Don't know about all of you but I would be happy with a 2021 refresh (3.0t engine swap, new front end see below and perhaps new colours).

Another issue from a styling point of view is that the 370z doesn't technically have the V motion grill like the other models. Having said that, the recent GTR refresh incorporated a v motion grill so this is what might happen with a possible 370z 2021 refresh. 

I wonder if its worth having single sticky thread called 'unsubstantiated gossip' or something along those lines that all these recycled rumours can be put onto? We could then at least have a hilarious look back at all the 'new zed going to be released at the Tokyo motorshow in [insert any year between 2018 and 2030 here]' that compile over the years all in one place :thumbs: 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ilogikal1 said:

Also, it wouldn’t be much of a discussion if people didn’t offer an alternative view.

Just saying.

Fair point, this is possible but it rarely happens because it descends into shooting practice to see who can kill the discussion the fastest.

To the others who wish to discuss, Im 90% sure they too think its all hogwash but they dont go about it in such a ferocious or mocking manner. They actually discuss it then let the thread die. From time to time I might go back and read the points on old threads  so everyone is entitled to their opinion it wouldnt be the same without opinions.

Not meaning to come across as a dude with a nasty chip, thats just my opinion after noticing a pattern of constant negativity. Its been a good 4 years Ive found the forum very informative and useful. It might be time to call it a day. They can then collate all the threads into one place and label it useless gossip by GTE. At least it livened this section up a bit. Sorry if it offended 

I did my bit to try bring some interesting discussions...Yes a lot of them were future Z threads or replies to, infiniti, alpine, bmw etc prospective future cars or analysing every car on the market claiming I was going to purchase...which I decided to go back to a Z..but I think its kind of run its course now. 

I will be asking the mods to sign me out I'm done :plane:

And no I wont be reregistering as ForzaHorizonEra :lol:

No hard feelings eh...

16 minutes ago, GranTurismoEra said:

You know Ive actually clashed with Ekona many times. Although I dont understand his responses sometimes i see no reason to enter arguments. The difference with him and you is that he doesn't enter every single thread with the same negative response. He can actually discuss it. . 

This makes me feel like I’m losing my edge and getting old :( :( :( 

:lol:

9 hours ago, hmale4yu said:

Don't know about all of you but I would be happy with a 2021 refresh (3.0t engine swap, new front end see below and perhaps new colours).

Another issue from a styling point of view is that the 370z doesn't technically have the V motion grill like the other models. Having said that, the recent GTR refresh incorporated a v motion grill so this is what might happen with a possible 370z 2021 refresh. 

Hope so, If it does happen Id be interested to see how much it would be and if so can maybe trade up as Ive never had a turbo car before. Been all NA. 

17 minutes ago, GranTurismoEra said:

Hope so, If it does happen Id be interested to see how much it would be and if so can maybe trade up as Ive never had a turbo car before. Been all NA. 

I think this is most likely scenario. The have the engines already produced. Only thing makes the Nismo version a bit redundant in that it would outperform it. Maybe a one trim/spec only for the final few years. 

10 minutes ago, hmale4yu said:

I think this is most likely scenario. The have the engines already produced. Only thing makes the Nismo version a bit redundant in that it would outperform it. Maybe a one trim/spec only for the final few years. 

It probably should be Nismo facelift only in limited number as I cant see them selling bucketloads here in UK. Id even say very limited edition like 100 cars in EU In US maybe a bit more as they seem more "enthusiastic" about it going by SEMA and Z1 cars. They could offer GT and Nismo trims there.

They barely sell 50 370z in the whole of europe per month for the figures I saw couple of months ago compared to 150 in US. Seems to be falling overall. Have to question whether 200 cars per month in US and EU is worth making those changes for. 

Unless they do a final limited edition and call it a day. Say 250 cars worldwide. With a revised front bumper, engine swap and glossier interior (alcantara dash, painted or wrapped center console). Will they sell thats the thing. It will probably cost a bit to make those changes

This would have slightly more power with a manual option still there. There was talk of manual options for the Supra. Seems the uptake isnt really there. Nissan will eventually have to start giving discounts again just to shift it. Any new trimmings will make it not worthwhile tbh. R&D on a new front bumper, engine swap and tuning, other misc interior or exterior changes means they may not make enough profit to warrant the changes

Supra is newer too so more appealing. Despite being smaller interior wise

• 2 weeks later...

I might have read wrong or it could be "sensationalism" but because other rivals aren't offering manual options in their cars such as the Supra and Alpine. Seems like that could be the gap in the market if they can price at less than the Alpine S (60k) m2(50k) Supra at (48-54k). I suppose you can get a base Cayman for similar. Or alternatively a specced up new model Z for slightly less if that was ever an option

Also based on the SEMA car they would want to offer an option for manual drivers as they seem to be increasing in the U.S. Im seeing more American social media users picking up manual sports cars now and its becoming more of a stigma for youngsters to drive automatics.

Porsche and BMW seem to be one of the few still offering manual in their Cayman 718 and M2 comp. 

As Nissan are selling such low volume 370z per month (less than 100 cars in Europe) at the minute they could offer Europe the new car with very limited numbers similar to the MK1 Nismo. 

If they do that they know they wont take a hit with cars sitting on the lot forcing discounts. Again US sales will probably be the deciding factor if its any good. 

So they need to make a car with an engine mated to a manual ‘box (where that engine currently isn’t offered with one that I know of if we’re hoping for the V6 twin Turbo Infiniti lump, happy to be proved wrong mind you) and for a price of about £40-43k. 

I cannot see it happening. Ever. Auto maybe, but still it’s pie in the sky and nothing more than wishful thinking. 

They will take a hit on R&D, production, tooling, marketing, etc, etc, so why would they do that for a car with proven minimal sales when they can just focus on a range that actually sells instead?

Also, have you stopped to ask yourself why no one else offers manuals? Outside of US (which already has a significant automatic transmission culture that ain’t going to shift with a handful of youths being slightly more vocal about being able to stick shift yo) sales are only going one way. So again, why pander to the vast minority when you can produce something that will actually sell in worthwhile volumes instead?

Not to mention the idea of selling a niche  car at bargain basement price, who has done that recently?!