brake judder

leebottrill

Did you fit these discs and pads yourself? Did you bed the pads/disc in as per recommendations? Have you been using the brakes to come to a complete stop? Have you held the brakes on when fully stopped (at traffic lights, junctions, on the driveway etc)? 

You can try your luck via warranty but be prepared to (dis)prove all the above. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, leebottrill said:

im not fully sure what that is but from a quick google i'm assuming this would fall under a warrenty?

DTV will not be covered by your warranty which usually follows after a few thousand miles after installation of new pads and rotors due to fitment procedures not being followed correctly.

As the damage is now done, then as previously suggested, try another proper bed in procedure, which may remove any irregular pad deposits.

https://www.google.co.uk/search?source=hp&ei=7RUCXrXTCMLkgweY176ABw&q=DTV+brakes&oq=DTV+brakes&gs_l=psy-ab.12...1388.4283..6448...0.0..0.12.56.10......0....1..gws-wiz.Cro5C7gd63U&ved=0ahUKEwj1_caYtc7mAhVC8uAKHZirD3AQ4dUDCAw

Just had a good chat with a guy from EBC. he’s basically said everything you both said above. I’m going to talk to the garage that fitted them to check they did a run out. I have also had a refurb in January and he said that could be a problem if there is any excess paint or poorly fitted wheels. 

he said having them pro cut on the car is a good option.

Yes, I forgot about the wheel refurb process and your guy is correct, in so much as that the paint/powdercoat should be cleaned off the inside of the wheel on the face that marries up to the hub.

I always do a run out check when undertaking this type of job, however most garages do not I am afraid.

1 minute ago, leebottrill said:

Well, I’m not mechanic so I would never of thought to ask about it. You always assume that the people you’re paying know what they’re doing. My suggestion is this is down to the alloy wheel refurbish meant as it’s happened since then. 

Age old issue of cars :surrender: trying to find someone you can trust and who won't fob you off or cause you hassle in the long run. 

Hope you get it all sorted! 

I totally trust my Mechanic. But I don’t trust the people who refurbished my wheels. The actual job they do is good but the quality checks afterwards are appalling. So much so that I’ve had three wheels refurbished for free because I was so unhappy. Now I’m wondering if they put the wheels back on as they should. I’m hoping I can have my brake discs pro cut and make sure back of my alloy wheel is clean and I should be good to go. 

In all fairness, I do not know a painter or powdercoater who sands off the face of the wheels after treatment.

Unfortunately, this really is down to the car owner I am afraid, unless you specifically ask them to do it.

This is a regular bone of contention in my shop when we have to spend time removing the paint/powdercoating from the wheel inner face.

We use a finishing sander with 40 grit (as below) or a random orbital sander which is better than an orbital sander for this job and takes about 1 minute per wheel.

BEW220-GB - 150W 1/3 Sheet Finishing Sander 230V

15 minutes ago, leebottrill said:

I totally trust my Mechanic. But I don’t trust the people who refurbished my wheels. The actual job they do is good but the quality checks afterwards are appalling. So much so that I’ve had three wheels refurbished for free because I was so unhappy. Now I’m wondering if they put the wheels back on as they should. I’m hoping I can have my brake discs pro cut and make sure back of my alloy wheel is clean and I should be good to go. 

You will also have to make sure that the complete face of the hub is clean and also the inside face of the rotor where it marries with the hub.