Outdoor Beer Cooler/Fridge Recommendations..

The G Man

Background

Myself and a close group of fellow McMustangers (4 off us :lol:) enjoy all sort of car related antics, modding, runs out, shows, events etc and one of the winter staples is meeting up in The Dakota Glasgow’s cigar lounge.

None of us smoke as such, but we enjoy a premium cigar or two now and again, mostly brought back from holidays.  We just shoot the sh1t, talk nonsense mostly and generally have a good crack.

Aim

After a recent bout of modifications, together with years of car related stuff and the usual detritus that pollutes my small, concrete sectional garage, I’ve sussed that I could actually make a cool wee cigar lounge in my garage.  Need to make room, which is taken care of by using my daughters garage next door :teeth:

Execution

Once the required space has been achieved and a workable floor plan sorted, I’ll then work on adorning the walls with car stuff, bonnet, engine covers etc. (stock exhaust from my Mustang is already up there).  I’ve got power and lighting so heating will be in the form of a fan heater or two. I’ve no plans to fully insulate the garage as it will only be for occasional use and I’d be as well to flatten and build new if I was going to insulate.

Recommendations 

I know some of you have built some super man cave garages, that’s not my aim really, all I want is recommendations of outdoor decent but either counter top or under counter cooler/fridge.  Must be able to work in outside temps.  Must have capacity for 500ml size bottles with adjustable shelving (my favourite beer only comes in 500ml sizes).

Budget

No more than say, £150.

Summary

Outdoor fridge/cooler, preferably glass fronted, reasonable capacity, under or counter top, £150 max budget.

:teeth:

5 hours ago, scobie140 said:

Surely and indoor fridge would suffice since its in a garage?

We had an upright fridge freezer in the garage for a couple of years, most aren’t suitable for ‘outside’ use, as low temps during winter just kills them.

The little beer cooler will only have drinks in it and there’ll be no temptation to store food in it.  I can also switch it off and just leave the drinks in it.  I could do this with a normal fridge I suppose, but aesthetically, the Husky will look better :teeth:

• Like 1

20 hours ago, The G Man said:

Next on the list is a mini humidor :) 

I got a nice wooden one many years ago which can hold about 30 cigars. Only problem is I soon filled it up and still have boxs of cigars left over. Id recommend getting  much bigger one! :lol:

47 minutes ago, rabbitstew said:

I got a nice wooden one many years ago which can hold about 30 cigars. Only problem is I soon filled it up and still have boxs of cigars left over. Id recommend getting  much bigger one! :lol:

Send me your excess cigars :teeth:

• Like 1