Why are we all so dumb

coldel

32 minutes ago, TT350 said:

It's quite funny how particular people are because, where I live, I can walk into any shop and bumcloth is sold out. But they have full stock of kitchen paper.

So British, lol.

Wipe ones botty on KITCHEN roll?! Heresy!

Just buy it all, cut them all in half, then pop it all on eBay and double your money !

37 minutes ago, coldel said:

Just buy it all, cut them all in half, then pop it all on eBay and double your money !

Might just work!

The mentality of stockpiling. After all this has blown over, society might need to take a long, hard look at itself. This pandemic has been revealing.

• Sad 1

Has the pandemic been revealing?

Who didn't know already people are selfish?

Who thinks panic buying was invented by the pandemic - we've seen it in the past due to a few days of SNOW - that's just an excess of really cold drinking water.

If anything has been revealed by this, it's the lack of preparation by the people who are responsible for contingency planing on a national and international level. I'd love to live where the public can be trusted to individually make risk judgements on leaving the house, but we proved last week, it does't exist. I'd love to live where people stop panic buying, because they realise it means someone else can't get some pasta, but we proved last week, it doesn't exist.

Last night loads of people went out into the streets to salute the incredible work of the NHS, yet a few months ago they voted to slit its throat and let it die, so it can be privatised, all to save a few quid a year in taxes - a FEW POUNDS each.

The pandemic hasn't taught us that adults behave like cornered animals when they are jarred out of their normal existence, only the terminally naive didn't know that. It's taught us that if there isn't preparation for this type of event in future, proper national preparation that costs tax money (gloves & masks & sanitiser, not bog roll) then we're likely to sleepwalk into the same again in future. It's only going to get worse as population density increases and we're too cheap to provision for it.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Aye Stu, the hypocrisy of the country is dumbfounding at times. Basically sod anything that doesn't affect me day to day, but when it does, then yes they are suddenly heroes. Boris and the Tories have taken this path that has led to where we are, sure you cannot plan for a pandemic in the NHS, but lets be clear, there were not enough beds before this to work day to day, let alone now we are in it. Gangzoom could probably give a more informed view from his job role but from where I see it the NHS has been thrown under the proverbial bus the last ten years along with the armed forces police and so on. 

What has been proven to me, there are still people on car forums who are wanting to go out for drives with an attitude of 'well sod it I dont care' others saying keyworkers ha what a joke. These sorts of people should have the vote rescinded permanently, they are clearly not capable of any responsible decision making. 

2 hours ago, coldel said:

Aye Stu, the hypocrisy of the country is dumbfounding at times. Basically sod anything that doesn't affect me day to day, but when it does, then yes they are suddenly heroes. Boris and the Tories have taken this path that has led to where we are, sure you cannot plan for a pandemic in the NHS, but lets be clear, there were not enough beds before this to work day to day, let alone now we are in it. Gangzoom could probably give a more informed view from his job role but from where I see it the NHS has been thrown under the proverbial bus the last ten years along with the armed forces police and so on. 

What has been proven to me, there are still people on car forums who are wanting to go out for drives with an attitude of 'well sod it I dont care' others saying keyworkers ha what a joke. These sorts of people should have the vote rescinded permanently, they are clearly not capable of any responsible decision making. 

Unfortunately most people are stupid in many ways. I posted the remainder of my paperwork to the office on Wednesday practising all the proper social distancing and all that. Then a guy came in behind me and stood really close, I turned around and told him to back the truck up and stuff. He then said it was all a load of b****ks and basically its only the flu and only affecting old people. I wanted to punch him really. But i just turned away said my good days to the post master and walked out.

You just can't argue with stupid people really...

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Andy_Muxlow said:

Unfortunately most people are stupid in many ways. I posted the remainder of my paperwork to the office on Wednesday practising all the proper social distancing and all that. Then a guy came in behind me and stood really close, I turned around and told him to back the truck up and stuff. He then said it was all a load of b****ks and basically its only the flu and only affecting old people. I wanted to punch him really. But i just turned away said my good days to the post master and walked out.

You just can't argue with stupid people really...

Cant argue with them 

can't kill em :dry:

well not unless you do it quietly and know where to dispose of the body (I can help you with the second one)

:)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I must be really naive then or maybe I just had too much faith in people as a whole.

On Talk Radio they've been discussing the panic buying and how it's been a uniquely British thing that the French are now starting to do. 

I think it's starting to ease up but pasta still remains a bit of a holy grail item.

Does anyone think that the source of this new virus needs to come under scrutiny and clamped down on? These wet markets in China?

Or am I way off.

• Like 1

In an Iceland by us, there were two bags of pasta left and I picked up one because I'm sure the person that picks up the other will be just as happy as I was. We've known our society for years, when do you ever arrive at a buy time jet wash and find the hoses untangled ready for the next person, hardly ever. When is a person truly happy towards another person doing well? How many folks car ding another person's vehicle and couldn't give a $hit. Happens daily everywhere, people don't have common sense these days and it's bought on by stress. It's fact if you look it up, stress makes a person less intelligent and more susceptible to ill. The media creates panic and stress to which folks make dump choices, it's very much scripted. 

The average Englishman is a negative Nigel and bought on by years of stress programming. For a youtunber which video would get the most views, 5 things I love about my 488 or 5 things I hate about my 488 :dance:

IMG_20200322_104315129.jpg.d024ca3a902de25f8c9243ae1ce88ed2.jpg

Edited by davey_83

3 minutes ago, davey_83 said:

In an Iceland by us, there were two bags of pasta left and I picked up one because I'm sure the person that picks up the other will be just as happy as I was. We've known our society for years, when do you ever arrive at a buy time jet wash and find the hoses untangled ready for the next person, hardly ever. When is a person truly happy towards another person doing well? How many folks car ding another person's vehicle and couldn't give a $hit. Happens daily everywhere, people don't have common sense these days and it's bought on by stress. It's fact if you look it up, stress makes a person less intelligent and more susceptible to ill. The media creates panic and stress to which folks make dump choices, it's very much scripted. 

IMG_20200322_104315129.jpg.d024ca3a902de25f8c9243ae1ce88ed2.jpg

I managed to get a small bag of rice the other day. I was so excited and proud of myself I told everyone..

• Like 1

20 hours ago, TT350 said:

I must be really naive then or maybe I just had too much faith in people as a whole.

On Talk Radio they've been discussing the panic buying and how it's been a uniquely British thing that the French are now starting to do. 

I think it's starting to ease up but pasta still remains a bit of a holy grail item.

Does anyone think that the source of this new virus needs to come under scrutiny and clamped down on? These wet markets in China?

Or am I way off.

Maybe you are right to b this way and I am too cynical.

Regarding the root cause, I think China will do something about that just for the sake of their own economy in future, let alone the international pressure. I think SARS was also live animal contact wasn't it, not sure if it was jut farming on another market. Who needs their food THAT FRESH???

Seems like some areas have been battered by the panic buying, the worst I've seen on the Fylde coasts was there was no bread or milk on one trip, but that's stopped no (although there's obviously no hand sanitiser anywhere). I braved it yesterday and the only thing I couldn't get was chicken and halloumi, hardly a brave story of survival against all the odds! I hope it stays that way, now people have filled their cold storage.

8 minutes ago, SuperStu said:

Regarding the root cause, I think China will do something about that just for the sake of their own economy in future, let alone the international pressure. I think SARS was also live animal contact wasn't it, not sure if it was jut farming on another market. Who needs their food THAT FRESH???

Unfortunately there are people in the world who rely food such as Bats just to survive, then there are the "delicacy's" and harvesting animals for remedies that have no medical proof they work . . its just what was done and as generations pass the thirst for them will slowly decline in theory and hopefully. 

I saw a news article that stated that as the world population increases, the need for more land to use also increases, when land that has been undisturbed for years is cleared and animals/crops move in, there are microbes that now get in to the eco system, hence why we see viruses like this. Not saying this is how COVID-19 was born, but it also makes sense as to why in the past we have seen viruses like this. 

:yes: 

There are some very nasty things in graveyards which become apparent when the soil is disturbed. I once designed a school extension bordering a church graveyard and there were lots of tests to be done as we were excavating for the foundations.

23 hours ago, TT350 said:

It’s very much not been a “uniquely” British thing at all (even overlooking that the French are now starting to do it). It’s been rife in Australia, US and across Europe too.

Unfortunately, morons are everywhere

2 hours ago, davey_83 said:

Death toll breaks 1000 in the UK, 260 in the last 24hrs alone. 

Hope everyone on the forum are ok.

I am well, thankyou.

The worst thing for me is the personal inconvenience. I had so many plans that were on track for being successfully executed. 

Now, I've been laid off work temporarily and the gyms are closed which was pretty much everything I had going on before all this happened. And my road to project twin turbo mk2 is shelved until this all blows over. 

I was at college part time, too. But, that's all suffering an indefinite delay.

But yes, just the sheer reduction in liberties and massive setbacks are what I am finding difficult. 

So, what do you guys think we will have to deal with as a result of this pandemic? IE: huge increase in taxes on everything. 

Maybe (I hope) there will be some good things to come out of this. Like, the NHS being properly funded and staffed, with decent pay, too. 

I hope you are all well and coping with the situation as best as you can.

Into week 2 - hanging in there with the home schooling!

Is it me or have face masks become the adult version of comfort blankets? Bloke comes out of Waitrose with his military grade mask on, proceeds to remove it with his bare hands, holds it in his bare hands, then starts scratching his now itchy face with his bare hands. He then throws the mask into his shopping bag and walks off :shrug: 

Masks - Previously used by Chinese tourists and hip hop dancers.

Now used by a few. The same way people think I look stupid wearing one with filter inserts, Is the same way I think people attitudes of if I catch it I catch it is stupid and yes keep breathing in that air. Only needs someone to sneeze and/or talk and their germs stay airborne for sometime. 

Never thought Id see the day when the youth would wear it and start taking this virus seriously. But Ive seen one or two and actually keeping distance after one guaranteed he didnt have it a week ago.

Death toll is now 1600. What happens next is extension beyond easter if the numbers of deaths dont slow as well as new infections rate. Hopefully death toll peak wont be more than the 5000 they predicted and they get a slow down of new infections. Also need testing kits in April to be available like Germany. NHS staff first obviously.

Lotus 7 drove by a quite a speed whilst I washed the car. I am not sure if he was going out for his essentials. Tweed jacket, cap the works. Maybe had enough of the other half and took it out on the road. Lots of people so dismissive of the government advice. 

Spoke to my Dad this morning, 1:30am cars were tearing up and down outside his house playing loud music - they could all be keyworkers for sure, but I highly doubt it. Tomorrow is the biggie with the sun coming out and 20 degrees of heat in the south, some people who feel they have nothing to lose i.e. those that are younger, will be out in force - how much of a negative impact that has on the progress made we will see by the following weekend.