Why are we all so dumb

coldel

14 minutes ago, Payco said:

I agree mate. Hope you cant track how many pints of Guiness I drink a month. I think Boris will need to go the next level in the coming days because as has been well documented on this thread there will still be many people ignoring his instructions and going out to see people they don't live with, popping out to break boredom etc more than once a day. He is going to have to police and enforce it because sadly we need mirco managing.

Many people thus far haven't been ignoring last nights message, but it was only stated last night re the lockdown and repercussions. 

Fines will be issued to those that dont follow instruction, via the police. Essential food, x1 exercise occasion per day, medicine, caring and work only  - ignor this at your peril is the message now being given.

Edited by davey_83

How do you even go about policing it? Bloke is walking down the street, has he been out five times that day or once? Is he taking legitimate exercise or just walking to his mates house? There was a chap on BBC News after the speech saying that police will not in most cases issue fines as the amount of paperwork involved in this new process will mean taking people back to the station and them being off the streets for hours. 

Again, we need the adults in this country to behave like adults. Hope people finally take things seriously, although it wont be full compliance as there are far too many stupid people in this country.

It's like speeding, you can speed ten times and not get caught. Another person could speed once and get a fine, it's down to the individual if you are willing to run the risk of a fine - like anything. There was word of making the paperwork side of things more streamline for police officers. 

But every person the police speak to will just say 'its my first time out today I'm off on a walk' unless the police have actually seen an individual out multiple times it's impossible to police as the person just says Im off to the shops, or on my daily walk I am allowed. They could have been out 5 times already and be walking to their friends house, how do the police actually know? The only fines I can see are if groups are congregating who fail to disperse and they arrest them. Otherwise, policing this is impossible, there aren't enough police to check every road and enough to run the paperwork. 

It's not just supermarkets either, the amount of information certain marketing companies have on people at every level (individual, household, work, family, wider family, friends, random strangers you might bump into on the street... well, maybe not that last one for a while now) is truly astonishing. 

@Payco not only can they tell how much Guiness you drink, but they'll pretty accurately predict when you're going to reach for the next one, when you're going to increase/decrease consumption and about a thousand other metrics that you'd never even think of. :lol:

Edited by ilogikal1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, coldel said:

How do you even go about policing it? Bloke is walking down the street, has he been out five times that day or once? Is he taking legitimate exercise or just walking to his mates house? There was a chap on BBC News after the speech saying that police will not in most cases issue fines as the amount of paperwork involved in this new process will mean taking people back to the station and them being off the streets for hours. 

Again, we need the adults in this country to behave like adults. Hope people finally take things seriously, although it wont be full compliance as there are far too many stupid people in this country.

100% agree mate. Its not realistic to police it which is why I think our countries idiots will push the boundaries and when they see they can continue they will.

14 minutes ago, ilogikal1 said:

It's not just supermarkets either, the amount of information certain marketing companies have on people at every level (individual, household, work, family, wider family, friends, random strangers you might bump into on the street... well, maybe not that last one for a while now) is truly astonishing. 

@Payco not only can they tell how much Guiness you drink, but they'll pretty accurately predict when you're going to reach for the next one, when you're going to increase/decrease consumption and about a thousand other metrics that you'd never even think of. :lol:

Durex usage included ?:teeth:

1 hour ago, Payco said:

Durex usage included ?:teeth:

:lol: That as well. Its all part of the value exchange, your data is valuable, but in exchange the business has permission from you to use the data. To be fair, larger companies are generally much more responsible with it than people give them credit for. The first question when using data is 'how does this benefit the customer' if it doesn't, it falls at the first hurdle.

The companies you have to look out for are ones without the large data/legal support departments for instance a well known dent repair company that let my data be taken by an ex-employee setting up his own business...who had no idea what GDPR actually meant. 

Anyway, went out for my essentials today, walked up to the little shop at the top of my road rather than the supermarket. Three people pull up in a car, get out all chatting joking etc. and also go in the shop. I really think people still don't get it. But how do you educate the genuinely stupid en-masse?

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, coldel said:

:lol: That as well. Its all part of the value exchange, your data is valuable, but in exchange the business has permission from you to use the data. To be fair, larger companies are generally much more responsible with it than people give them credit for. The first question when using data is 'how does this benefit the customer' if it doesn't, it falls at the first hurdle.

The companies you have to look out for are ones without the large data/legal support departments for instance a well known dent repair company that let my data be taken by an ex-employee setting up his own business...who had no idea what GDPR actually meant. 

Anyway, went out for my essentials today, walked up to the little shop at the top of my road rather than the supermarket. Three people pull up in a car, get out all chatting joking etc. and also go in the shop. I really think people still don't get it. But how do you educate the genuinely stupid en-masse?

you cant mate. Bet you felt like punching them but its hard to throw a decent punch from two metres away unless you are Peter Crouch. Idiots.

We have shut our training department completely now. I think its going to happen all over, we need to stop or slow the spread of this and get it over and done with as quickly as possible. So many companies cancelling courses or deferring them until later in the year, even before the lockdown was announced.

11 hours ago, HEADPHONES said:

The London Underground is a big problem.

Carriages are packed like gas chambers:scare:

The problem is tens of thousands of keyworkers are told to go to work, at the same time as London underground has drastically cut the service, people are waiting so long for trains by the time they arrive they are packed. Just another example of a disjointed response to the virus, Government has done no thinking outside its own little bubble. 

20 minutes ago, coldel said:

The problem is tens of thousands of keyworkers are told to go to work, at the same time as London underground has drastically cut the service, people are waiting so long for trains by the time they arrive they are packed. Just another example of a disjointed response to the virus, Government has done no thinking outside its own little bubble. 

I am currently working for a large organisation with key worker status, current advice is that if we MUST go in the office, don't sit in your usual areas, dotted all over the place, we should sit together to make it easier for cleaners to clean. I can't begin to state how ridiculous this is, the solution is to give people some wipes when they go in and when they go out (I carry my own anyway) and sit as FAR AWAY from each other as is possible, not bunch up. We're our own worst enemy most of the time. I'll be sitting where I feel sufficiently distanced and I clean up before I sit down and after I finish. 

1 minute ago, SuperStu said:

I am currently working for a large organisation with key worker status, current advice is that if we MUST go in the office, don't sit in your usual areas, dotted all over the place, we should sit together to make it easier for cleaners to clean. I can't begin to state how ridiculous this is, the solution is to give people some wipes when they go in and when they go out (I carry my own anyway) and sit as FAR AWAY from each other as is possible, not bunch up. We're our own worst enemy most of the time. I'll be sitting where I feel sufficiently distanced and I clean up before I sit down and after I finish. 

That is mental, and just shows further evidence of the stupidity that is being mercilessly exposed in this country. We are working at home, IF we must go into the office for access to some key systems it has to be scheduled with the SLT who will arrange a slot so you are not there when someone else is there. 

• Sad 1

44 minutes ago, coldel said:

Couldn’t agree more.  Employers should be offering staggered start times to help

It's quite funny how particular people are because, where I live, I can walk into any shop and bumcloth is sold out. But they have full stock of kitchen paper.

So British, lol.

Wipe ones botty on KITCHEN roll?! Heresy!