Why are we all so dumb

coldel

8 minutes ago, The G Man said:

I also go out my way to tell the staff in the shops how much I appreciate what they’re going through and that they are as important as any of the emergency services, we should all do the same.

Well said G Man.

Thought the same yesterday - when many are hiding and hoarding, the shop workers are getting breathed on by every Tom, Dick and Harry (plenty of Dicks) and have no protective equipment.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

My ex wife works in our local morrison store and she is hating going to work at the moment. She says it's way worse than Christmas shopping. People as said above no regard for decent human behaviour. I think it's awful. This covid-19 is really bringing out the "best" cough cough in the British public! Bloody disgusting... 

2 minutes ago, Andy_Muxlow said:

My ex wife works in our local morrison store and she is hating going to work at the moment. She says it's way worse than Christmas shopping. People as said above no regard for decent human behaviour. I think it's awful. This covid-19 is really bringing out the "best" cough cough in the British public! Bloody disgusting... 

I agree totally.I live in a rural area we have one Co-op and a Tesco Express,there is very little to buy,beginning to like a poverty struck country.I think now is the time for Ration books to stop all these TWATS stockpiling.

• Like 2

Was watching the regional news lunchtime. I live in a small village 5 miles from Haywards Heath. Would you believe a guy in his 60s got mugged of his toilet paper on Wednesday evening in the Waitrose car park there. Don't wait for the punchline because it isn't a joke.

Unbelievable.

• Sad 3

2 hours ago, Payco said:

Was watching the regional news lunchtime. I live in a small village 5 miles from Haywards Heath. Would you believe a guy in his 60s got mugged of his toilet paper on Wednesday evening in the Waitrose car park there. Don't wait for the punchline because it isn't a joke.

Unbelievable.

That is disgusting. Unbelievable what some people will stoop low enough to do.

A food bank in Knottingley where my parents live was raided last night and they stole all the supplies so it has to close (full story on BBC news online)

It really boils my **** what scum we have living amongst us in general society and this whole situation exaggerates it. I hope if we go into lockdown they call the army in and they are instructed to shoot looters on sight. 

I really dont get the whole toilet paper situation, i thought in times of crises people buy gold as its a sure thing but seems now its best to invest in triple quilted velvet?

8 hours ago, Payco said:

Unbelievable.

this happened to an old guy in Harrow. He had two packs. One got snatched. from his trolley. Sad times

4 hours ago, The G Man said:

I’d like to shoot, right in the face, those wankerrs that were filmed in Benidorm the other day, taunting the Spanish police.  I’d have zero remorse

Snap, I'd also do it to those who stole from the elderly. It's a shame this virus didn't just kill the stupid. I'd be fine with that.

• Like 5

On 21/03/2020 at 06:11, The Bounty Bar Kid said:

It's a shame this virus didn't just kill the stupid. I'd be fine with that.

We live in hope. We drove by the local park yesterday and it was rammed with kids & parents all playing and gossiping. It was like nothing had changed.

30 minutes ago, rabbitstew said:

We live in hope. We drove by the local park yesterday and it was rammed with kids & parents all playing and gossiping. It was like nothing had changed.

Local shopping centres and stuff like Matlock bath, the seaside and places were rammed also its scary really just people are not taking this seriously at all! But I guess people aren't or wont be bothered until it directly affects them??

In my mind some good practice:

1. People spending too much time watching the news which is sensationalising where they can to maintain engagement - tune in to Boris's announcements each day and ignore the rest of it we don't need the news on all day in the background where they are desperately looking for the next bit of bad news to over exaggerate 

2. Too much social media sharing of queues in stores, the mindless amongst us, of which there are many more than anyone ever expected, are panicking and running down the shops to buy more food than they can possible consume. Stop sharing videos, stop posting up gossip, just stop posting stuff and the sheep will calm down

3. Russia is having a field day, they intervened in elections, brexit, anything that undermines democracy - a lot of the panic imagery (such as the army on the streets rubbish circulated last week) is coming from there, again don't share it

4. Social distancing is a thing, just make sensible trips, the government have treated us like adults so far but again too many stupid people in the population out there which means they will treat us like children very soon

And to beat my own personal drum - STOP PANIC BUYING FOOD - there is loads, we are not going to starve, be sensible and think of others. One thing I have learned from all this is that moreso in this country than others, people are inherently selfish and stupid. So much self entitlement in the UK it's unreal. 

• Like 1

got my letter today as one of the 1.5 million. that's me done for twelve weeks. Hope Boris makes the right call at 5pm today and takes the control he should have a few days ago. Not enough people are doing as they are told. As proud as I am to be British sadly there are too many people that think they know better than what they are told. 

Stay well everyone.

thanks mate. Working from home but the challenge will be not going out in my free time. Datsun is being delivered back to me in two weeks time so at least I will have her to work on at the weekends.

Sorry for your situation, but in the long run very much the best strategy. For me it comes as no surprise how some folks have carried on, overseas football more often than not its the British supporters acting the fool sadly. 

Edited by davey_83
  • Like 1

thanks mate. Agree all the way. Time to take control and do the right thing Boris. Sturgeon seems to have got it. Boris just needs to be the leader and make the right call. No doubt he will have been under massive pressure in the HOC this morning. Lets hope he doesn't come out again at 5 and play the same message he has been for a week now.

I get the feeling today we could see a big stamping down - there are too many idiots in this country, certainly more than other countries, who just don't seem to understand what they are doing is so detrimental to the country. Clearly we have as a country demonstrated a lack of ability to act like adults and too much like children, and in class, children are told what to do and disciplined if they misbehave. Sad state of affairs, it really is. 

He's playing the right card, imagine going from wash hands to full lockdown - the public would loose their minds. He can issue full lockdown now with the backing to say for a week now the advice given for social distancing isnt being adhered too and they have no choice but to implement stage 6.

Edited by davey_83

11 minutes ago, coldel said:

I get the feeling today we could see a big stamping down - there are too many idiots in this country, certainly more than other countries, who just don't seem to understand what they are doing is so detrimental to the country. Clearly we have as a country demonstrated a lack of ability to act like adults and too much like children, and in class, children are told what to do and disciplined if they misbehave. Sad state of affairs, it really is. 

Agree Col. I think you may be discrediting children. Its a simple message but as per people think they can do what they want. Hope he enforces it today. My Datsun is in Herne Bay and the guy working on it told me lunchtime Herne Bay was busier than the summer yesterday. The guy who owns the pub adjacent to the beach opened it up and it was packed. I rest my case.

Edited by Payco

I think Boris was a bit too wishy washy early on, very vague, no real leadership and threw in some ridiculous comments like 'expect to lose loved ones' etc. he has never been a strong leader, just a popular one amongst his own people. His lack of focus has lead us here and only in the last week has he come across as really trying to say how serious it is that we social distance etc. Again like a classroom if you let the kids run amok when they walk through the door, its too late to get them to behave two minutes later. We have all this time had a crystal ball at our disposal over in Italy, none of which was taken seriously until the last week or so by our government.

Edited by coldel

2 minutes ago, Payco said:

Agree Col. I think you may be discrediting children. Its a simple message but as per people think they can do what they want. Hope he enforces it today. My Datsun is in Herne Bay and the guy working on it told me lunchtime Herne Bay was busier than the summer yesterday. The guy who owns the pub adjacent to the beach opened it up and it was packed. I rest my case.

I guarantee there will be cross country complaints and moaning the second we go into lock-down, everyone that caused this will be pointing the finger elsewhere, because quite simply. they are stupid. I honestly think two thirds of this country are not fit for purpose to be allowed to even vote. 

Two thirds is probably an understatement, we know for sure that 17 odd million have voted to disadvantage themselves and others.  We should be thankful we are still in a ‘transition’ period and Mad Priti Patel’s new immigration laws are not implemented yet.  God would need to help us in this scenario if this happened without the army of other nationals labour in the health/care sector.

After this is all over, a massive re-think as to how we operate as a society needs a complete overhaul from the most disadvantaged up.  Unicorn projects like HS2 should be immediately binned and the money spent on a massive investment to new hospitals, real, not imagined, numbers of nurses, doctors and new hospitals.  The drive needs to be to quadruple the critical care beds available, and trained personnel to operate them.  When they’re not needed in critical care, the extra personnel should be used to create 20mins waiting time in A&E not as it is at present.

The initial amount announced by the chancellor to fight this emergency pales into insignificance compared to what we threw at the banks in 2008 and, as far as I know, none of those gambling bastaards died.

I certainly agree with the majority of comments above btw