Alexa and irresponsible parenting

HEADPHONES

Anyone seen the Alexa ad.

Young girl loses football match and is in a mood.

Later that night mum is woken by her kicking a football against the garden wall.

"Alexa.....what time is it?"

"4.40AM"

"Alexa.... SWITCH ON the garden light" then gives daughter :thumbs:

Camera pans out and it's not a house in the middle of nowhere but with neighbours:surrender:

• Like 1

Thought exactly the same thing on seeing that ad.

We used to live in a row of terraced houses with small gardens. Two doors down there was a family with a spoiled brat who repeatedly kicked a football hard against a fence and constantly kicked balls into neighbours gardens.  Parents seemed to think it was unreasonable for anyone to object.  One of the reasons we now happily live in a house with no immediate neighbours.

5 minutes ago, ilogikal1 said:

There's no part of that advert that demonstrates good parenting, from the outset. But then... it's an advert. For Amazon's world domination. So meh.

You mean it wasn't real :scare:

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, coldel said:

I think if people have a decent sized garden then let the kids play ball in the garden for a bit stop being such miserly old moaners :lol: but certainly 4am isn't the right time for it!

Nothing wrong with a bit of football in the garden if you have a suitable garden, but the gardens where we lived were tiny and every time the little sh*t kicked the ball hard against the fence it sounded like a gunshot.  His other exploits included hitting our elderly neighbour on her back with a cricket ball.  No apology from the parents. 

Glad I'm not the only one... winds me up every time it comes on (which seems as frequent as every other ad break these days apparently).. I'd be straight outside and squaring up the little sh*t at that time of the morning.

Luckily I live in the countryside, so the worst I get is woken up v.early or late at night by the farmer opposite when he starts/returns in his noisy Defender during the peak harvest time.  I can forgive him for that though ;)