Nismo back box on standard 370 GT

pmfinch

Hello,

Can anyone tell me if the HKS backbox off a Nismo (on its own without the Y section) will fit/mate up with the pipes on the standard 370GT? I understand that the tailpipes will extend further out than the original, though I am not sure by how much.

Also, are the hangers in the same position?

Thanks,

P.

I have a Nismo back box on my 2010 GT and it fits just fine, although it's a little quieter than expected. 

Unfortunately,  I can't tell you anything about how it was fitted as it was on the car when I bought it, and I only picked the car up from the dealer two weeks ago 

14 hours ago, The Trooper said:

I have a Nismo back box on my 2010 GT and it fits just fine, although it's a little quieter than expected. 

Unfortunately,  I can't tell you anything about how it was fitted as it was on the car when I bought it, and I only picked the car up from the dealer two weeks ago 

Thanks for the update. If it is possible could you post a picture of the bumper/valance and the exhaust tips so I could get an idea of how the tips sit with the shallower rear of the GT? Cheers!

I love that colour blue for sure(super rare) and your car looks lovely. B)

The exhaust tips look nice and meaty too with them being bigger than the standard tips. :thumbs:

I will keep an eye out for you because I'm not that far from Lincoln. :)

• 1 month later...

Whats the difference between a standard rear box and the Nismo one?

I have got a custom system but the sound is a bit loud for my liking, the fitter said I could put a Nismo rear box on to quieten it, but didn't recommend the standard one to go back on, although he didn't say why exactly, I assume somehting to do with the flow restriction.

1 hour ago, Zulu37Oscar said:

Whats the difference between a standard rear box and the Nismo one?

I have got a custom system but the sound is a bit loud for my liking, the fitter said I could put a Nismo rear box on to quieten it, but didn't recommend the standard one to go back on, although he didn't say why exactly, I assume somehting to do with the flow restriction.

That's a very good question to which I don't have an answer that might help you. I do know that the Nismo exhaust is less restrictive than the standard GT exhaust for example.  In your case, I'm assuming having a custom system means yours flows well, so the Nismo back box would be the way to go. I also assume that both the standard box and the Nismo one fit in the same way, but I'm unsure exactly, as I have only had the car a few weeks and the Nismo was on the car when I bought it.  

I can tell you that the Nismo box is very quiet,  so mush so, I'm going to change it for some Tarmac Sportz short tails. I'm also unsure whether the previous owner put a full Nismo on or just the rear box. This will all be revealed when I get to Tarmac

Great!

My Z is Supercharged so the exhaust is indeed free flowing 2.5" from engine to tail. Adding the supercharger has made the exhaust note MUCH louder than standard and the standard bore exhaust was just killing the performance so I had one made for it, the Growl after 3000rpm though is still just to loud for my liking. Sounds like adding a Nismo box will sort it out.

I have read in other threads that they fit exactly the same as standard ones.

• 2 years later...
2 hours ago, Willsy1980 said:

Sorry to necro an old thread, but I assume the cats off a 2019 Nismo will fit a 2011 GT too ?

Got someone interested in them before I send for scrap value :) 

My understanding is the cats are identical, certainly all replacements are interchangeable between - and also with the Infinity G37. The Nismo exhaust differs but is cat back.

• Like 1

On 06/10/2022 at 08:58, pmfinch said:

My understanding is the cats are identical, certainly all replacements are interchangeable between - and also with the Infinity G37. The Nismo exhaust differs but is cat back.

Thought so, thanks for confirming :)