Sending away ECU for tune? How accurate?

Nohotz

There are 0 UpRev tuners in my country. I only have 2 options:

1. e-tune. That will run me like 850 euros

2. Sending away my ECU and it will cost me half of that incl shipping. so about 400

I have all bolt on tunes, with the car still NA, but the headers (costs too much since i cant DIY)

I understand that getting 1 map and that's it will not be 100% accurate as on a dyno. I am happy with having, say 1-3 bhp less, but save 400+ euros for something else.

I just want my bolt on mods to be used to the fullest.

Is it safe and I wonder if anyone have done it before?

I would call Horsham up and have a chat, he's not in the business of ripping people off or selling them something that's not right, I've known Jez for 17 years and there are not many people you can trust more than him 

10 minutes ago, Eddie_r32 said:

I would call Horsham up and have a chat, he's not in the business of ripping people off or selling them something that's not right, I've known Jez for 17 years and there are not many people you can trust more than him 

Thank you. I did not post this with the intention of offending any company at all. I have actually been talking to Horsham, Jez. As I am not in the UK I have no experience with Horsham. I wanted to post this and see what other people thought about it. Just to make me feel better when sending the ECU :)

I appreciate your answer!

Edited by Nohotz

On 01/03/2020 at 11:18, Nohotz said:

Thank you. I did not post this with the intention of offending any company at all. I have actually been talking to Horsham, Jez. As I am not in the UK I have no experience with Horsham. I wanted to post this and see what other people thought about it. Just to make me feel better when sending the ECU :)

I appreciate your answer!

so where are you from? maybe i know a tuner in your location because for some reason most tuners i know are very hard to find. 

On 03/03/2020 at 15:34, itsLeon said:

so where are you from? maybe i know a tuner in your location because for some reason most tuners i know are very hard to find. 

Sweden. The 4 I got recomended all use their own program and they cant do everything UpRev can