Android 10 update broke bluetooth audio

SeeNoWeevil

On 26/02/2020 at 21:13, Umster said:

Yes! I thought it was just me. I've re-paired my phone as an audio only device. Working in the interim till I figure out a better idea. 

Interesting, I'll try that. Another workaround seems to be to disable and re-able bluetooth in the car's settings while it's trying to connect. Weird considering turning audio off/on again doesn't help.

On 26/02/2020 at 21:37, Rusky said:

my phone is upgraded and all good so far, what phones are you using?

OnePlus 6

On 26/02/2020 at 21:40, Rusky said:

have you deleted the car from your device and also the device from the car?  Then completely repair?

Yeah. I even went as far as doing a factory reset after the update to 10.

Although I no longer have the 370, after the Android 10 update my OnePlus 6 was not completely behaving for Bluetooth Audio in her replacement. I think the issue is with the phone. Please let us know if OnePlus find you a solution.

• Like 1

I am unable to find a schematic or breakdown of the Nissan infotainment unit so can't validate my findings however, my tinkering around has found the crux of the problem being Android 10 messing with Bluetooth profiles. 

You'll need to go into developer options, change the Bluetooth AVRCP profile to a previous version (1.3 and 1.4 may work best with the 370Z by guesstimate of age). You may need to restart the device after changing the profile and I strongly recommend deleting the phone from the car settings and the car from the phone settings before you restart the phone. 

I've not had chance to try it myself, nor have I been able to find out what Bluetooth version is running on 370z's. Once I find the info, I'm also looking to see if an upgrade is possible for the infotainment system. 

• Like 1