DE Rear engine outlet tube

shawnsx

Has anyone had any to replace this item recently? Mines appears to have a Slight crack on the passenger side causing a coolant leak. 

looking at the part it appears to only be 4 bolts and  2 gaskets to fit but I’m wondering if there is enough room to get it on and off without having to lift the engine 

thanks 

337EB030-75D2-4702-B797-A7E3E8C76348.png

8 minutes ago, Eddie_r32 said:

Apparently the Americans do a thing called "pathfinder mod" which is replace that tube with one from a pathfinder, not sure if its a thing over here but there will be some how to guides knocking about which should tell you how to replace it

I did the  Pathfinder mod to my 350 track car around 12 years ago, easy to install, however the parts are not cheap.

I have only sold a handful of these.

I now sell/install the HR option for the DE which works well for FI and track cars.

It can be removed with the engine in situ but be prepared for some bloody hands :lol:

1 hour ago, ZMANALEX said:

I did the  Pathfinder mod to my 350 track car around 12 years ago, easy to install, however the parts are not cheap.

I have only sold a handful of these.

I now sell/install the HR option for the DE which works well for FI and track cars.

is the HR version better than the pathfinder mod? I've heard bad things about the pathfinder mod in the US

6 minutes ago, Ian said:

It can be removed with the engine in situ but be prepared for some bloody hands :lol:

is the HR version better than the pathfinder mod? I've heard bad things about the pathfinder mod in the US

The Pathfinder mod worked well for me and helped with keeping the coolant temps down on track.

I wanted to experiment with the HR mod and this was fitted when the engine was out for other stuff, and that also worked well.

What one is better would be hard to tell, however I think that my temps came down a further few degrees with the HR mod.

Remember that my 350 is now close to 800 bhp with similar torque and generates extreme heat so every 1 degree is a prisoner.

The stock rear pipe is all that you require for a sub 400 bhp 350.