Is this a GT model or not?

Scuri

Hi just a quick one. https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201908181270392?atmobcid=soc4 This is listed as a GT but as far as I can tell, it’s not. I see no heated seats, no cruise control, no Bose speakers. But done second opinions would be appreciated as I’m thinking of buying it. If it’s not GT how much should I try and knock the price down? Thanks 

13 minutes ago, Scuri said:

Hi just a quick one. https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201908181270392?atmobcid=soc4 This is listed as a GT but as far as I can tell, it’s not. I see no heated seats, no cruise control, no Bose speakers. But done second opinions would be appreciated as I’m thinking of buying it. If it’s not GT how much should I try and knock the price down? Thanks 

wow,you do realize you can get a 370z for that money...

I would have expected at least a lower millage for that

Overpriced for sure. Keep looking elsewhere. Act on the advice on here is the BEST advice you will get.

Look at the zeds for sale section on here.

Edited by Payco

15 minutes ago, Payco said:

Overpriced for sure. Keep looking elsewhere. Act on the advice on here is the BEST advice you will get.

+1 

Zeds for sale in an OC are more likely to be better value for money IMO

2 hours ago, Payco said:

Do you think £7 would be a reasonable price for this? It’s just within the area I’m looking the prices don’t seem to go much lower 

• Like 1

£6,500 would be the price for me. It could be the photo but the paintwork around the 350z badge on the rear in the ad looks very poor and much like a bad re spray. My advice with these cars is be prepared to travel. We would all like to purchase a car in our home town and not travel but personally I would travel for the right car. Your money, your call but just don't buy with your heart, your head is a better option. I would also read as much on here about ownership before you dive in, don't rush it. I see you have just 2 posts but that's not to say you haven't been around for a while. There is an abundance of advice on what to do and more importantly what not to do so have a good read before you part with your well earned cash. Good luck.

Edited by Payco

My brother sold a fresh 2004 with 37,000 miles 2 previous owners for £6500. He paid £5700 in Glasgow. Car was fresh in and out and needed nothing doing.  Thats value and he knew he wouldnt get a better deal anywhere. Unless youre specifically looking for an HR. I would have bought it if I didnt have a Nismo tbh. With regret we sold it to a guy 3 hours away. 

Was for sale for like 5 months...When summer comes, prices ..... 

Take your time and find the right one. But dont take too long as prices go up for no reason whatsoever in summer

Edited by GranTurismoEra

Hi OP you could do a lot worse than posting into the wanted subforum and outlining what you are looking for i.e. age, miles, mods, etc. You might find someone on here thinking of selling. Lots of owners on here keep threads of the car maintenance etc. so you know a bit of the history. 

20 minutes ago, coldel said:

Hi OP you could do a lot worse than posting into the wanted subforum and outlining what you are looking for i.e. age, miles, mods, etc. You might find someone on here thinking of selling. Lots of owners on here keep threads of the car maintenance etc. so you know a bit of the history. 

Yeah sorry I’m new to all this. You’re right, 2007 upwards and low/mid mileage ideally and as for mods, I’m really not to fussed

10 hours ago, ShortPaul said:

Hi mate i am in Bristol IMG_20190629_100008.jpg.67bf182a6e42f43cc0f0cfdd5a90dee6.jpg

That’s a very nice car indeed, it’s just a bit too far for me mate. I know some people travel a long way for cars but with work and family I just can’t commit to such a long trip. I’m sure you’ll have no issue selling though 

• Like 1

to point out on your post you are after a 40K miler  - this requirement will push you up to and over £8K plus, mainly because there aren't that many around anymore, however i would keep yourself open to higher miles, even 70-80K and above but pay attention to the service history, a well cherished (previous enthusiast owned) Z with a packed service history is equally as valuable as a low mileage Z and key to happy and relatively problem free Z ownership in my humble opinion. 

Edited by Mikey_S