Squeaking Noise when reversing

Mikey_S

Hi all

Putting this in here as I'm assuming its the brakes but after some expert knowledge as i'm not too clued up on mechanics bar some basics plus i don't have immediate access to ramps and a dry space to work in.

Anyway, for a few weeks I've had a squeaking noise from the rear of the car on start up when i put the car in reverse or forward gear. It comes and goes but today particularly caught my attention as it's louder than normal. 

Recent MOT threw up pitted and scored front discs as an advisory but the noise distinctively comes from the rear. Plenty left on the brake pads also.

• Nearside Front Inner Brake disc worn, pitted or scored, but not seriously weakened (1.1.14 (a) (ii))
  • Offside Front Inner Brake disc worn, pitted or scored, but not seriously weakened (1.1.14 (a) (ii))

Video taken this morning in reverse and 1st gear via the link below:

Would appreciate your thoughts

Thanks

Mike

That definitely sounds like the pads have a bit of squeak to them. Mine do this on very rare occasions when they're quite warm & I'm reversing up the drive just as I come to a stop. Nothing I'm going to worry about. How about a disc & pad change, or at least pads?