350z Brembo : Track Day : DS2500 vs StopTech Sports (309.09600 + 309.09610)

Rajtastic

Hi guys,

I've used the Ferodo DS2500s on my Z for various track days at the Nurburgring and around the UK and they've never disappointed (managed 1 'ring trip + Cadwell and only starting to go low-ish now). However, they're now £205 a set of fronts + rears.

I've been recommended the Stoptech Sports (309.09600 + 309.09610) and I can get these for front and rear for only £150 (or £120 if I import from the US, inc duties - half price).

Does anyone have any experience of these? Thinking that if they're decent and I can save 50% per set - I'd be happy with this (unless I just burn through them twice as fast - in which case I'd prefer better performance and less hassle of changing).

Anyone got any experience?

FYI I drive a few times a week and track maybe twice a year.

Even if you are really limited on cash then the DS2500s are still the better bet but Id strongly advise spending a bit more and getting RS29, Carbotech XP10 or the daddy on a 350Z for me, CL RC5+. 

You only get one chance to stop before you hit the barrier, and where the DS2500's will be giving up the RC5's will have another 3 laps in them, much better feel and control too. 

What Doc said, there will be a reason the ds2500s are more expensive, I made a mistake of swapping to a cheaper pad on my last car for a track day at combe, was glad I took my 3/4 worn ds2500s with me as I swapped those in after a few laps. 

As pads are so easy to change on a 350 you can always buy a set of road pads and save more expensive ones for track days. 

Thanks for the feedback guys. I was happy with the DS2500 (I don't push that hard) but I'll definitely consider a more track-focused one if it's quite quick to change over the pads on the day.

I ordered the StopTech's before you replied so I'll post feedback on this to let other members know what they're like on track (my mate has been using the same range on his MX5 for a while and was happy with them so I guess I'll see).