Hello, Newbie in East Hampshire (UK)

Well after many years of wanting a 350Z convertible/roadster I finally got my hands on one at the weekend. Had a few convertibles over the years, from little MG Midgets, Spitfires, Land Rover V8, TVR S, MGF's but none compare to the 350Z. My budget did not let me go mad but I have a 48000 mile 2003 that was imported in 2007, last owner 13 years and all is well so far apart from the big problem of the roof not working (long story), I did know before purchase about the roof but took the decision to go for it as it was my way into Z ownership.

I am not a mechanic but don't mind a basic play around, my Z is standard as far as I know so need to decide which way to go once I have done a few miles.

I will try and attach a few basic photo's...........

IMG_2173.jpg

IMG_2174.jpg

s-l1600 (3).jpg

s-l1600 (1).jpg

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, GranTurismoEra said:

Welcome to the forum. I'm sure there is someone on here that can point you in the right direction to sort the roof. Possibly just a fuse, worse case scenario the motor. 

Thank you, I am searching for possible answers to try and sort it.

Everything else feels good though so still happy with my Z, or is it Zed?

• 2 weeks later...

As I don't have too much hair on my head I do have to be careful when out in a convertible, even when the Sun is hiding!

I am based in the Clanfield area of Hampshire and looking forward to some Spring and Summer runs and gatherings if there are any around, will keep a look out.

ZMANALEX on this forum is helping me out with the roof, when I get a window I am feeding back the info and Alex is kindly being patient and advising what to check next, got to get the Passenger seat up to check connections underneath there next...

Cannot afford any fancy wheels just yet, and I do like my original Rays even though they are the smaller 17" Import version. So took some advice as the wheels looked out of proportion and now have some 20mm front and 25mm rear spacers from Tarmac and the stance is much better.

Edited by Androlyn
  • Like 2

The spacers make a real difference, fill the arches better. I actually prefer the smaller wheel allowing more tyre, big wheels and low profiles don't work on the roads around here and also I like the old school muscle car look..

IMG_2325.jpg

Also as I like the satin finish and design elements that copy on from the Rays I changed the front and rear badges from the Chrome Nissan to the Satin Z with those design elements. Keeping the original badges though just in case...

IMG_2321.jpg

IMG_2320.jpg

IMG_2323.jpg

• 1 month later...