2015 Nismo 370z - Modified

davidv10

• 1 month later...

After finding out the newest 370s (2018 and newer i believe) having internal boot release buttons, i decided to give myself a project and retrofit one. I couldnt put it where they are stock as i got rid of my blank switch unit for the cubby mod. So i decided to take out the cigarette lighter in the centre cubby and install it there.

I found a helpful post on the US forum as to which wire to tap into and it was actually really easy to do.

Here is me testing the button before i properly installed it:

And here it is fully installed.

Edited by davidv10
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Little update. I removed the red white yellow plugs from the centre cubby a while ago and just put plastic plugs over them to temporarily fill the gaps. Now with the boot release button causing another hole on that panel to fill and not sitting central with the usb plug i decided to drill a hole to re-centre the boot release button and then re-felt the panel covering all the holes i no longer needed.

Its not a perfect colour match, as the stock black felt looks a little faded compared, but it definitely looks a lot smarter now and is all level and centred.

Before:

0B221521-2CB3-491E-A112-71DA952EE128.jpeg.4d98d7173e6ecdddfc6783fb9881cb77.jpeg

After:

9C7959E9-3803-43BA-B2FD-B150E917C716.jpeg.12cda0407f016d8971c68bad322c7338.jpeg

• Like 4

• 1 month later...

My next update is a big one. I decided to take a bit of a plunge and purchased a full Apple Car Play system from Nifty City. It was not cheap at around £400 shipped to me, but it fully integrates with the stock stereo and screen and does not require any cutting of wires etc.

I am incredibly happy with it, and it really modernises the whole interior when looking at it!

I now have always up to date Google Maps and can use Siri to make calls which is a million times quicker than the quite frankly terrible stock voice command system.

I have done a full write up/review/install thread here: 

Here are some pictures of what it looks like:

9.jpg.9ab048e59beb68acbfcf43bc40a157f2.jpg

And this is when you click on either Maps or Spotify:

10.jpg.3c33e23d704736e1200cd041ba674f35.jpg11.jpg.8795614dbe3c537633e65defe978a955.jpg

This is when you are on a call (i hadnt re-installed all the interior plastics when testing this):

5a.jpg.db4b11aa1870e4683a3a579c8c705fd9.jpg

Lastly, this is where i installed the unit which fits perfectly just above the stereo and so all wiring and the box are completely hidden away:

6.jpg.0070e5a281b787c2401c90fba1ed2f5e.jpg

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...

I decided to upgrade the reversing lights and front and rear indicator bulbs to LEDs to match the rest of the LED lights and overall make the lighting system look more modern. I knew the reversing lights would be very straightforward, however the front and rear indicators would need resistors installing into the circuit to stop the fast 'hyper-flashing'. I didnt know much about exactly how this works and so was a bit sceptical at first, but read up on it and actually it sounds a lot scarier than it is. All you do is 't-tap' into the positive and negative wires of the bulb to each end of the resistor.

As the resistors get hot, and i didnt want to make the lights any harder to remove than just the one plug, I didnt install the resistors on the light units themselves but followed the wiring through to the plug on the lights, then followed it to the wiring loom so i could tap in and install the resistor there. Then i found the bits of metal body to mount the resistors where it doesnt matter if they get hot.

This is what it looked like once i had 't-tapped' into the both the front and rear wiring:

IMG_4728.JPEG.4d067b998761066389abc06e0fc2099b.JPEG

IMG_4735.JPEG.88ecbe81dc68c898647654a7af5679a9.JPEG

And these are the places i found to put the resistors:

IMG_4729.JPEG.c1e8ab67ec07e4bd3713f5bdd21b62e5.JPEG

IMG_4736.JPEG.67ac95701081ee87659d54bc5587cf99.JPEG

The results were fantastic. The lights are so much brighter and look more modern. I havent been out since installing them yet, but i did take comparison videos:

And here are the reversing lights (i forgot to take a comparison):

IMG_4730.JPEG.6bd42988f1549b73accb5a34c191b700.JPEG

• Like 1

On 23/01/2021 at 18:14, Olly350z said:

The LED indicators I fitted didn't need any resistors, how weird! They literally plugged and played. But you're right they make a hell of a difference when combined with the LED reverse lights

Oh really, how odd. Maybe yours had built in mini resistors or something :shrug:

Yeh so much better!

On 23/01/2021 at 23:10, Lewis Schwier said:

I'm 5 minutes down the road from Ely, you local to there?

Im in Norwich, so not too far. We just had a family break there in some cottages (back when holidays were a thing :lol:).

We will have to get some Norfolk meets started once all this is over! As there are a fair few Z owners here now.

12 hours ago, davidv10 said:

Im in Norwich, so not too far. We just had a family break there in some cottages (back when holidays were a thing :lol:).

We will have to get some Norfolk meets started once all this is over! As there are a fair few Z owners here now.

Yea definitely, we have a cambridgeshire whats app group, the majority of us are close to the Norfolk border so that would be ideal!

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Lewis Schwier said:

Yea definitely, we have a cambridgeshire whats app group, the majority of us are close to the Norfolk border so that would be ideal!

Oh nice, well you will have to let me know when you guys have a meet and ill come down, as will only be like a 1hour 30 drive.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Tiny update this one. I have looked around for ages for Nismo centre caps but no-one seems to make them for the 370z alloys :shrug: (54mm off the top of my head). I did however see Nismo adhesive centre cap toppers, that were slightly larger than the centre caps.

So i decided to get creative, got another set of standard Nissan centre caps that looked like the Nissan badge just popped off, and it did. So i popped the nissan badges off them and then stuck the Nismo toppers onto them and popped them in to the alloys. The way the alloys are, they are fine being a little larger than the centre caps and sit perfectly. The adhesive seems strong and they shouldnt come off.

And so i now have Nismo centre caps...

Excuse the distorted picture, but this is what they look like.

1DD7046B-BA2D-40D5-B87A-CACFEAFCC8A8.jpeg.65bed28ce97fd2378fa893d97d6f6f2c.jpeg

• Like 1

On 14/02/2021 at 22:26, ShortPaul said:

Nice one, i have been looking  for some time myself, i have spoken to rays wheels uk, as the wheels are rays wheels but made for nissan  as a oem wheel the centres fitment is unique to Nissan unfortunately, so rays wheels do not have anything that will fit;)

Yeh that does seem silly. And its even more weird i think that no aftermarket company has taken them on. They arent exactly hard to make :shrug:

6 hours ago, davidv10 said:

Yeh that does seem silly. And its even more weird i think that no aftermarket company has taken them on. They arent exactly hard to make :shrug:

https://www.nengun.com/rays/gramlights-type-centre-caps?country=UK&gclid=Cj0KCQiA962BBhCzARIsAIpWEL2k1Rl-76mZq0XZkGjtgXs1iu1XRi54kWaYUeKcdid8-jKfNCipiz0aAirMEALw_wcB i was hoping that these would fit but they won't 

• Sad 1