How many members dont drive Zeds or any Nissan

GranTurismoEra

1 minute ago, GranTurismoEra said:

Long enough I guess. Did you track it or go on any road trips? 

Never tracked it, I have a track toy for that :thumbs:

I never tracked the 370 - unless you count the road trip to the Nurburgring ring, but that's a toll road really :blush:

Did a few shows, meets and events along with a few road trips - no driving holidays to europe which would heve been nice, very happy I got to own one and see what they are like - impresssive machine, don't get me wrong they are very quick and great fun but I think it was @coldel who mentioned the comfort and features of modern cars and at my age :wheelchair: I wanted something with the more modern interior and features (as well as the performance) so time for a change.

Don't know if I'd have another GTR or 350/370  for that matter, lots of cars out there and I think I'd rather keep trying different ones but each to thier own!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Keyser said:

I never tracked the 370 - unless you count the road trip to the Nurburgring ring, but that's a toll road really :blush:

Did a few shows, meets and events along with a few road trips - no driving holidays to europe which would heve been nice, very happy I got to own one and see what they are like - impresssive machine, don't get me wrong they are very quick and great fun but I think it was @coldel who mentioned the comfort and features of modern cars and at my age :wheelchair: I wanted something with the more modern interior and features (as well as the performance) so time for a change.

Don't know if I'd have another GTR or 350/370  for that matter, lots of cars out there and I think I'd rather keep trying different ones but each to thier own!

I'm not that far behind mate! Caught myself looking at 35i Z4's last night :wacko:

• Haha 1

48 minutes ago, coldel said:

I'm not that far behind mate! Caught myself looking at 35i Z4's last night :wacko:

Lots of worse cars to look at mate :thumbs:

I nearly went for a Jaguar F-Type, the SVR I was in sounded sooooo nice :)but decided I could manage a few more years getting in and out of semi bucket seats :lol:

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Ekona said:

I bought my 911 without ever driving it, and my VXR without seeing it or ever having driven one! :lol: 

Wife bought a JCW Mini Cooper Convertible the other week from Parklane Mini in London based purely on a "walk around" video they sent her. Did the deal over the phone, and had them deliver the car to our front door. I hope she doesnt do that too often. Bit more expensive than her usual "online shopping". :lol:

• Haha 1

Fair enough, after a while the jittery hard ride wears thin. Especially over these roads we pay £32 billion for. I'm tempted to try something like Lexus in the future......Im open to trying new cars. But after my bad experience of Germans in the past. Best left for now. 

My neighbour gasped at the cost of replacing the brakes on the Nismo, then I said to him didnt you just spend close to  £1200 on EGR and DPF and new Tires? On top of that he still got juddering to sort out. Germans have their plus points though

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, rabbitstew said:

Wife bought a JCW Mini Cooper Convertible the other week from Parklane Mini in London based purely on a "walk around" video they sent her. Did the deal over the phone, and had them deliver the car to our front door. I hope she doesnt do that too often. Bit more expensive than her usual "online shopping". :lol:

wow, I thought it was only in US they did that

3 hours ago, Keyser said:

I remember the Green Bitch, she was legendary and wont be forgotten.:thumbs:

Edited by Payco
  • Thanks 1

In America I can understand if the car is in New York and you're based in Nevada and there are no other cars available in the network. I suppose its all down to convenience. if the car is a lemon I hope they pick up the phone.

Just be careful with distance buying or long distance deposits. 6 people are coming to view. Great put me down as the 7th, I'm not leaving a deposit. I wouldn't encourage it. Best to see the car make sure nothing untoward is going on. Cheap tires, mismatched paint, missing documents, service book not stamped and a whole host of amateur mistakes more likely to happen when you're not present.

Dont be suprised when you turn up and all those 6 cancelled or didnt show up :lol:

6 hours ago, coldel said:

that's scary i was looking at the 35i Z4's last night too my missus has the 23i M Sport which i like but it's a little under powered

10 hours ago, Keyser said:

I don't have a Nissan any more :( as of yesterday the GTR-R35 has gone, just the wife's Qashqai left so that's my excuse for staying on here - well that and the abuse, gotta have some banta :lol:

O I went German if you were wondering :)

Hi buddy is there a reason why you got rid of the r35 as i am considering buying one this year 

17 hours ago, ShortPaul said:

Hi buddy is there a reason why you got rid of the r35 as i am considering buying one this year 

Hi Mate :thumbs:

The only reason I changed it and I did change it a little earlier than I expected/planned was because it went in for MOT last week and while there I noticed a bad bubble on the passenger side door at the bottom :scare:

Passed the MOT no issues no advisory but I went round the car and had a real good look at the paint, bottom of the drivers door will go next you can start to see the bubbles coming up and I took it over to Kustom Colour - well respected local body shop @andy james uses him (a lot :lol: ) he had a look round, quoted a price for the work including the front bumper for stone chips, the rear arches will go you can just feel but not see the unevenness in the paint probably another year or so before they "need" attention and all these are known issues on earlier GTR's add to that the rear subframe issue which Kaizer Motor's made me aware of and you start to realise that at 72K miles on an 11 years old (2009 plate) you have 2 choices. sell it or spend some money!

This car has a perfect service history - every 6 months from new! All litchfield and Kaizer I switched to 12 moth service (Kaizer) when I got her but thats because i do sub 5,000 miles a year :blush:.

I did a bit of soul searching (checked my bank balance) a large ammount of complex Man Maths and decided that if I was going to keep the GTR I could easiliy spend £5k - £6k getting her absolutley tip top again - the car would be worth very little more, just more desirable against a similar priced GTR of the same year and spec. So do I take the money and trade up instead of of keeping her, if I keep her I WOULD spend the money but I also wanted something a little more modern as a 2009 the interior is a little dated the seats show some signs of wear and the sat nav / ICE are definetly dated!

I looked at some post 2017 GTR's with the more modern dash and more power out of the box and to her credit my wife stepped in to say "why get another GTR you have had one now try something else!?" She even sent me an autotrader link to a certain car that I have had a soft spot for since it was released! That snowballed very quickly and after some more very dodgy man maths I enlisted the assistance of @Beb for a road trip up north on Saturday to be the voice of reason and talk me out of spending obscene amounts of money on something "newer" - That went badly I think he caved when I blipped the throttle pre test drive, To be fair he lasted longer than me I caved when he pulled the car round the front of the show room :lol:

More on that in a moment.

If you haven't driven a GTR-R35 get a drive, if you have the budget to buy and run one then have one! They are awesome, the performance is mind warping the grip is amazing they are reasonably practical, comfortable and just all round great fun! If that's your thing they are not for everyone it is a BIG and heavy car but personally I loved the way it drives and if I could afford to keep it and a newer car I would! Just remember that in that price bracket there are a lot of fast cars to choose from!

I know you want to know what could possibly have drawn me away from the GTR so here it is ...............

IMG_4807.JPG.8386701458039bfbeee22ed2fade9d20.JPG

A little work needed but I'm sure it will be every bit as exciting as the GTR :lol:

and if not this arrived on Wednesday -

Spoiler

1.jpg.e3f164aa0968b2d00fa2ebff8c16f9f1.jpg

Keyser

Edited by Keyser
  • Like 8
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Keyser said:

Hi Mate :thumbs:

The only reason I changed it and I did change it a little earlier than I expected/planned was because it went in for MOT last week and while there I noticed a bad bubble on the passenger side door at the bottom :scare:

Passed the MOT no issues no advisory but I went round the car and had a real good look at the paint, bottom of the drivers door will go next you can start to see the bubbles coming up and I took it over to Kustom Colour - well respected local body shop @andy james uses him (a lot :lol: ) he had a look round, quoted a price for the work including the front bumper for stone chips, the rear arches will go you can just feel but not see the unevenness in the paint probably another year or so before they "need" attention and all these are known issues on earlier GTR's add to that the rear subframe issue which Kaizer Motor's made me aware of and you start to realise that at 72K miles on an 11 years old (2009 plate) you have 2 choices. sell it or spend some money!

This car has a perfect service history - every 6 months from new! All litchfield and Kaizer I switched to 12 moth service (Kaizer) when I got her but thats because i do sub 5,000 miles a year :blush:.

I did a bit of soul searching (checked my bank balance) a large ammount of complex Man Maths and decided that if I was going to keep the GTR I could easiliy spend £5k - £6k getting her absolutley tip top again - the car would be worth very little more, just more desirable against a similar priced GTR of the same year and spec. So do I take the money and trade up instead of of keeping her, if I keep her I WOULD spend the money but I also wanted something a little more modern as a 2009 the interior is a little dated the seats show some signs of wear and the sat nav / ICE are definetly dated!

I looked at some post 2017 GTR's with the more modern dash and more power out of the box and to her credit my wife stepped in to say "why get another GTR you have had one now try something else!?" She even sent me an autotrader link to a certain car that I have had a soft spot for since it was released! That snowballed very quickly and after some more very dodgy man maths I enlisted the assistance of @Beb for a road trip up north on Saturday to be the voice of reason and talk me out of spending obscene amounts of money on something "newer" - That went badly I think he caved when I blipped the throttle pre test drive, To be fair he lasted longer than me I caved when he pulled the car round the front of the show room :lol:

More on that in a moment.

If you haven't driven a GTR-R35 get a drive, if you have the budget to buy and run one then have one! They are awesome, the performance is mind warping the grip is amazing they are reasonably practical, comfortable and just all round great fun! If that's your thing they are not for everyone it is a BIG and heavy car but personally I loved the way it drives and if I could afford to keep it and a newer car I would! Just remember that in that price bracket there are a lot of fast cars to choose from!

I know you want to know what could possibly have drawn me away from the GTR so here it is ...............

IMG_4807.JPG.8386701458039bfbeee22ed2fade9d20.JPG

A little work needed but I'm sure it will be every bit as exciting as the GTR :lol:

and if not this arrived on Wednesday -

Hide contents

1.jpg.e3f164aa0968b2d00fa2ebff8c16f9f1.jpg

Keyser

Hi matey thanks for your feedback, i think i really need to get a test drive in one first but pretty sure that i will want one, i definitely want a gen 3 recaro edition, there dont seem to be any for sale locally might have to goa speek to litchfield 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Davectr said:

That looks great. Looking to make the move to one of these myself very soon. How do you rate it compared to the R35?

Bit of as loaded question that, it’s certainly different and yes I would say better but lets quantify that in the interest of fairness, there is nearly a decade of technology advances between the two  so it would be disappointing if it wasn’t better, I think it fair to say a newer R35 would probably be better to drive.

I’ve only had the R8 since Wednesday and had to sort the paper work, insurance Tax etc and it’s been raining all day today not to mention work, so only had a couple of drives in it, one with the wife – she really likes it -  so it will no doubt go missing on occasion. :(

First impressions are that there is less drama about the R8 over the R35, put your foot down and it calmly gets on with it when the GTR kicks you in the back and launches towards the horizon.

However some of that is actually me :blush: The problem with a V10 naturally aspirated engine behind your left ear is its LOUD so I was changing up way to early it revs to eight and a half and they do say you need to keep the revs high to get the best out of them, I’m changing up at 6,500 then when I went in a bit hotter kept her above 5K through the corner and floored it the R8 kicks you in the back, so maybe as much drama if you know how to drive it properly :sorry:  It then gains an  horrendous amount of speed in very little time and distance and you ease off again as you panic :lol: 

In other words, I need to get used to her and take her on a track or over to Europe to see what she can really do!

I got the post 2016 upgrade version which is a different car to the pre 2016 version or so the reviews say. Not driven a pre 16 one long enough to give a fair comparison, this means I get loads of nice things like the newer chassis , Audi Virtual dash, driver select, push button start etc so it is a very, VERY nice place to be and nicer than the R35 but again it’s a decade newer! The new R35 has a newer dash and layout inside.

The drive is so different it’s light, nimble the brakes are amazing and it’s a pleasure to corner, none of this is an insult to the R35 that is an amazing car as well but different.

R35 – Like driving a bigger more powerful 370z - I loved it!!!!!!

R8 – Like driving a slightly bigger more powerful MR2 - I'm loving it!!!!!!

That sort of different ones more like a Go Kart the other a rally car both amazing in their own way.

I did not get the Plus version in case you were wondering, the plus has more power and a fixed wing a couple of extra driving modes but less refinements, however a remap gets you 600HP or a remap and a new zorst gets the same power as the plus – for £10K less and you keep the refinements :lol:  guess what I'm doing when the warranty runs out :lol: 

I’ll be able to tell you more after I’ve owned it a bit longer :thumbs: 

Keyser

• Like 4

"Reveal Hidden Contents" :lol:

No need to be subtle. You can put your foot down to the redline!

Also GTR depreciation is kind of crazy. Good choice on R8. Try something new.

When the warranty runs out. You renew for another 12 months? For the same 5k you were about to spend on the GTR ;). 24 Months is a good amount of time for ownership

Edited by GranTurismoEra
  • Like 1