How many members dont drive Zeds or any Nissan

GranTurismoEra

Just wanted to gauge how many active members no longer drive zeds, gtr or any Nissan or are thinking of selling up and moving on. Nissan posted losses of $238 million as well as the CEO having meeting with top managers from main dealers in US. Where they apparently were brutally honest about their aging product line and how they are seen as the bargain basement brand nowadays. 

The loss of interest may not wake them up, but its interesting to know how many people have just simply lost interest in Nissan or their cars and are prepared not to look back till new vehicles hit the showroom for consideration. 

Their potential line up for 2020 is an electric SUV (ariya), new X Trail and facelift Qashqai. Vehicles that may soften the blow of their losses.

Suing Ghosn $90 million wont bring back all the losses. New products might

3 hours ago, Renegade said:

Something about Nissan I like, as I also had a Silvia and a 200SX 

I'm the same and there was something about the S14a 200SX(gently modified performance wise) that I had for 4 years that other cars I've had couldn't quite match(had a V8 M3/Z4M/Cerbera 4.5 and I still preferred the 200!). 

I love my current 370Z Roadster as well, and I don't really know what it is but Nissans performance cars just seem to grab me for some reason. I'm a really big fan of Skylines as well. B)

I can't say that I'm that bothered about a Micra though!! :lol:

18 minutes ago, Lee370Z said:

Dont think their quality filtered through to that car. No where near a Honda Jazz :lol:. everyone probably likes the old Nissan not this new era Nissan.  A new rear wheel Silvia 4 Cylinder Turbo would be cool, but cant see it

• Like 1

4 hours ago, The Bounty Bar Kid said:

I'm just here for the bants but would love to get another one sometime. Sold mine to pay for the wedding. No other reason.

I'm getting married next year and she knows there will be no wedding if she asks me to sell my car! 

• Haha 1

41 minutes ago, Lee370Z said:

I'm the same and there was something about the S14a 200SX(gently modified performance wise) that I had for 4 years that other cars I've had couldn't quite match(had a V8 M3/Z4M/Cerbera 4.5 and I still preferred the 200!). 

I love my current 370Z Roadster as well, and I don't really know what it is but Nissans performance cars just seem to grab me for some reason. I'm a really big fan of Skylines as well. B)

I'm the same, I've had nearly all the great 90s jap cars and still my s14 has not been beaten in my mind and heart! 

• Like 1

Ironically my old Zed is probably the least favourite of all the fun cars I’ve owned, but it’s in high company so that’s not a slight on it at all. 

Only jap cars I’d currently look at is the ND MX5 and the GT86. Nothing else is remotely interesting to me at sensible price points. 

I sold mine in 2011, but that's only because I upped sticks and move to Vancouver. If I still lived in the UK would I have still drive a 350/370 . . maybe :shrug:

Over here they are over priced compared to what else you can get for the money, currently driving around in a diesel Truck :lol:

I still pop in here to see what's happening B)

• Like 1

I found the GT86 to lack headroom. But both good cars I'm sure Ill try both at some point. Good thing about the Zed is you can step into one of those MX5 or GT86 and not feel like you are downgrading so much. Maybe because they all cater to a similar crowd despite being different cars completely.  Definitely a fan of both cars. Sat in the Baby blue GT86, Like the look of it. I also like the Fiat 124 Spider.

I wonder what the GR 86 will be like. I'm sure we'll hear about it soon enough. Possibly turbocharged 2.5

The number of MX5 ND sold worldwide is quite impressive for this day in age. I think Nissan are worried they wont sell anywhere near as much with an equivalent model. I wonder if Honda could sell any with an electric sports E coupe

Sold my zed way back in 2012 I think it was...then went through a few older Jap cars, the GT4 was fantastic much better than the R33. For me though addicted to the VX/Elise platform, takes driving fun to a completely new level easily better than all that came before it. Would I get another zed? Probably not, I enjoyed it, it was my entry point into 'weekend cars' but the 370z isn't a big enough step on from the 350z for me and I seriously doubt anything potent is coming from Nissan in the near future. Will enjoy my VX this summer and see - I did like sitting in Stu's BRZ really nice place to be and it sounded fantastic. 

Bloody deserters the lot of you ;)

To be honest I've considered getting rid of my 350 several times and recently I seriously considered a 5Ltr Mustang but I don't actually drive my Z

it does a thousand miles per year and i spend more time under it than in it but as you say if I went into a Nissan showroom I'd definitely go away empty handed

and head straight over to fords and get a V8 mustang :)

• Like 1

I’d have my Nismo back in a heartbeat.  As a second plaything, not as savage as my Mustang.  My RX8 was the most usable on UK roads as something that you could use every ounce of its capability.

Would I buy another Nissan?  As others have said, nothing in my price range would tempt me.

I’d buy another Mustang tho :teeth:

Still got mine (unlike these traitors :lol:), but there’s a good chance it could go soon. Like a lot of others I’ll still stay on this forum as it’s the best I’ve been on (and I’ve been on a few) by far, great people and great camaraderie on here unlike most forums!  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, andybp said:

Bloody deserters the lot of you ;)

58 minutes ago, Davectr said:

unlike these traitors :lol:

Well its not like I could have popped my Zed in my suitcase :lol: (besides the steering wheel would be on the wrong side)

Does it make it doubly bad that I also deserted the UK as well :stir:

......... Sorry .... not sorry (at all) :p

P.S. Don't come here, none of you would like it, its awful 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 1

I had a brief break up with Zeds when I had the A45 AMG. Better car in many respects but lacking that special character Zeds seem to have.  I’m happier back in a 370 and won’t be moving on until I can afford something significantly better or a new Zed turns up.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, sipar69 said:

I had a brief break up with Zeds when I had the A45 AMG. Better car in many respects but lacking that special character Zeds seem to have.  I’m happier back in a 370 and won’t be moving on until I can afford something significantly better or a new Zed turns up.

I agree. My RS3 was significantly faster, better handling, better traction, better practicality and sounded wicked but lacked character. I am also happier to be back in a 370Z. Only picked it up just over a week ago but despite it being my 5th Zed I was still excited over collecting it. 

• Like 2

On 14/02/2020 at 09:25, Lee370Z said:

I am lucky enough to have owned an S12, S13 and S14. Made the error of getting the S14 as an auto which wasn't good. Loved my S12 though and was the car that got me interested in the Japanese cars. That was a long time ago ...

• Like 1

After 40 years of car ownership I'd never had a sports car, until my first Zed in 2004.  Then 10 years of pure driving fun and  having joined the forum in 2005 and loving the drive-outs particularly in Wales and Scotland with fellow forum members, many who continue as good friends and with whom we we still enjoy drives together. Honestly, the best driving experiences in my life with other ZED owners, and that is why I stick around on here to hear about others Zed experiences.

Yeah, life circumstances mean there comes the time you move on in car ownership, initially in my case because 4 seats became a necessity but then putting on the years woke me up other cars that I have been in the fortunate position to acquire and enjoy their driving attributes and yes, in the absence of Nissan failing to bring out a tempting successor to the 370.

I guess the time may come soon that I might be driving something non-fossil-fueled in the not too distant future......hopefully something a little more exciting than a mobility scooter:scare: , given this petrolhead's days are numbered.:surrender::)

Spoiler

• Like 4

I no longer have a Z after getting mine trashed by a lorry last November, but still visit this forum.

One of the best car forums I've used in many years of motoring.

Loved the 2 Z's I had and still miss them and this forum was a great help and hope I also contributed some help to others

in the years I have been on here.

Met some great people at the few meets I was at, Highlight being the NC500 last year with all the people on it(Despite the bloody RAIN!)(Thanks, IRN BRU)

Edited by Bigjimg
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Ponsonby said:

I am lucky enough to have owned an S12, S13 and S14. Made the error of getting the S14 as an auto which wasn't good. Loved my S12 though and was the car that got me interested in the Japanese cars. That was a long time ago ...

B):thumbs:

I've had a couple of cars with an auto and they tend to change the way a car feels in a negative way for me personally. I had a E90 330i with an auto and it was a very poor match to the engine for me, and a manual gearbox(appreciate that Bmw's manuals are crap though!)  would have transformed the way the car felt for sure.