What exhaust has failed you and how old was it?

HEADPHONES

Was at my local Longlife exhaust franchise yesterday.

Wife's Mini exhaust was blowing from midpipe somewhere.

The original 2006 Mini exhaust corroded and died in 2015 so had a stainless steel cat back customised for £375.

Had a new center silencer made and fitted free under lifetime warranty.

Not sure why it failed at just 5 years though

While there I got 2 quotes for the zed.

£760 fitted for Scorpion Y pipe and cat back with rolled tips, or £900 custom made Longlife system.

Came home and looking around the back box of the zed all seems fairly solid still.

Even at the flange connecting back box to mid pipe things seemed solid.

What aftermarket exhausts have you had fail on you and how old were they at failure?

Also, anyone got an original 350z exhaust older than 15 years?

My original exhaust failed at the flange back in   2011/12 I think.

Replaced it with a wonky crapspeed K2 and put up with it for a couple of years before changing it for the present invidia Gemini. Which I’ve now had 5 years and still as good as ever. 

• Thanks 1

Looking through my vehicles MOT history, in Aug 2015 @ 72k what I believe to be the original exhaust failed the MOT due to a major exhaust leak. From where I don't know, but would guess at the flange to rear section. The owner then had fitted a (requiring adjustment) Toyosport mid and rear with Japspeed y pipe. 16k and over 4 years later it's still good *y pipe changed last year for an motordyne XYZ with hfc paired with ART pipes

WP_20151024_004_edit.jpg.c97de22f909d6f8b9fbb031862622463.jpg

Edited by davey_83

The oem exhaust on mine lasted 10 years before it gave up in 2017 (at the common place where the back box joins to the midpipe). 

I repaired it, then in 2018 had the whole system replaced with an invidia gemini and Torqen HFCs which I'm hoping will last many more years. 

20190319_092911.jpg

1 hour ago, Jack94 said:

The oem exhaust on mine lasted 10 years before it gave up in 2017 (at the common place where the back box joins to the midpipe). 

I repaired it, then in 2018 had the whole system replaced with an invidia gemini and Torqen HFCs which I'm hoping will last many more years. 

20190319_092911.jpg

Love how the tips look OEM and how the back box looks:thumbs: