Chicane yellow 370z bournemouth

skidder

7 minutes ago, andy james said:

I can vouch for this garage as a school friend of mine is a salesman there and my mum bought her Astra from them a few years ago. After sales service is very good.

Yes it's overpriced but go in for haggle.

Thanks Andy. The car is one owner from Bournemouth. Checked the MOT history nothing on it really. 3k miles a year.

Looks good but was wet. Anything I should check has been done recently? clicky axle etc?

Cheers

2 hours ago, andy james said:

Not enough miles to worry to much.

Look for paint condition,tyres,wheel scuffs and haggle hard as these cars are not PC at the moment so wade in for a deal.

Yes thanks Andy I've got a test drive etc Wednesday so yes the deal has to be right.

I know at a guess what they will have paid for it, its February with gale force winds and not exactly car selling season.

I intend to go in fairly hard.

Thanks for the advice its appreciated.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, skidder said:

Yes thanks Andy I've got a test drive etc Wednesday so yes the deal has to be right.

I know at a guess what they will have paid for it, its February with gale force winds and not exactly car selling season.

I intend to go in fairly hard.

Thanks for the advice its appreciated.

If I view a car at this time of year I ask that it be cleaned and moved into the showroom so that I can view it properly before a test drive. You need to view it when it is dry and would be amazed how well indoor lighting, especially LED, shows up paint imperfections or re-painted panels. Remember to check tyres - not just that they have plenty of life left in them but that they are a decent brand. I have come across several second hand Zed's where the dealer has put ditch finders on just to get them through MOT.

If you are not a fan of the stripes, get them to remove them before you finally pay for the car. That way if there is any damage that they are hiding you can reject the car.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, skidder said:

Spoke to them on the phone to confirm viewing but was informed 'The price was the price'. No negotiation.

I believe it to be overpriced.

i'll leave it.

You are far better negotiating 'face to face'. If its not far from you then go and have a look, have a test drive and then make the offer you think is fair. If you are a cash buyer (no PX) they are stupid to let you walk away. 

There was a 370Z that I was interested in recently so I had a chat and offered less. I got the same, no negotiation. 2 weeks later and they have reduced the price to what I offered. They have phoned me but I have one now : ) Their loss.

If they have just got the car in then they will be hoping that someone will pay a premium for a yellow car but if they get no enquiries will soon reduce it.

I also spotted recently a 2011 Le Mans Blue, 1 owner, 22K miles up for £15K. This appears to have been sold which surprised me. 

• Like 2