My 911

ATTAK Z

7 minutes ago, andy james said:

Rationalising the fleet sounds awfully interesting! 

Well to explain:

LONG VERSION

The Porsche used to be my daily driver doing up to 14K a year and we had a small car (VW Polo) for my wife who did about 3K. At this stage the Polo hogged the single garage and my car slept outside on the drive.

Wifey decided she wanted a smaller car (sounds daft I know) so I eventually persuaded her to have a zero road tax Fiat 500 three years ago. She promptly stopped driving due to ill health so that left me using both cars for work and sharing the mileage between the two. I was working from home a lot more and so the yearly mileage went down to about 8K

Then I retired and the total shared mileage went down to about 6K. Then I bought a toy (1972 Chevy Chevelle) so I had three cars at my disposal with the Chevy mostly sitting in the garage all polished up.

Then I sold the Chevy and I bought the little Abarth Biposto which became the garage queen toy so I was doing about 6K per year in the three cars.

Then I came across the car I bought today to replace the Porsche and the Abarth; so now the new car will become the garage queen toy all shiny and dry and the Fiat 500 will become the shopping trolley out in all weathers.

If I come across a nice old small 4x4 jeep/pickup type thingy, I'll replace the low mileage Fiat with that and that'll become the shopping trolley/green lane muddy thing ;)

SHORT VERSION

I've now got four cars and one driver (me) to do about 6K miles per year so I'm selling two of them. This will leave me with a nice low-depreciating fast garage queen toy together with a practical winter shopping trolley.

SHORTER VERSION

Planning to enjoy life in retirement :)

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

IM semi retired and know how you feel i have 3 cars and I have to juggle each week on which one to drive, my wife works from home so this does not help matters and you still have to maintain and drive them as you know brakes tend to stick or battery can go flat  the joys :wacko:

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Andy_Muxlow said:

Very nice indeed. 

which is the new 1 they both look the same sort of? :lol::lol:

Well one is blue and the one in the foreground is black - so it's blue for new and black for back - that's how I remember it anyway :thumbs: 

HTH [giggle] :wacko:[/giggle]

- hang on though that could be the wrong way round

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, ATTAK Z said:

Well one is blue and the one in the foreground is black - so it's blue for new and black for back - that's how I remember it anyway :thumbs: 

HTH [giggle] :wacko:[/giggle]

- hang on though that could be the wrong way round

Well that's made it as clear as mud Hugh :lol: fantastic looking car. Enjoy. 

• Thanks 1