Plenum Spacer fitted to my DE WOW!

EcoFriendlyAL

Just saying if anyone has a DE and not had a planum spacer fitted they should definetly get one fitted. My 04 Z is totally standard 278bhp, and the diference is very noticable, much smoother. Guessing the two front pistons are no longer fighting the other four? Just revs up smoothly too. Had the Copper one off Torquen, cost a bit but now seems worth it. next to get a remap in the Walsall or Wolves area. Anyone had one done round here?

Surprised you can physically notice, I didnt when I put mine on, it was only when it was combined with sports cats/exhaust and given an uprev I got an extra peak 15bhp (which of course doesn't mean an extra 15bhp across the range).

Edited by coldel

21 minutes ago, coldel said:

Surprised you can physically notice, I didnt when I put mine on, it was only when it was combined with sports cats/exhaust and given an uprev I got an extra peak 15bhp (which of course doesn't mean an extra 15bhp across the range).

I wasn't expecting much. The main thing is the smoothness and revs more freely.

I'm from Wolves, I got my spacer fitted at Horsham along with a remap for my decat. I'd recommend them from personal experience. 

I didn't manage to find anywhere local that was worth the salt, most had "chips" or files with no actual proof of change, and no dyno to test and show a safe air fuel ratio after the map. 

The spacer does not alter the rpm limit, but gave a nice increase in torque which is more noticeable that the bhp gains. 

I'd rather trust the experts with something like this, as a bad map could cause damage further down the line. 

Hi Rippon, I've contacted 4 local remappers and no one wants to touch the 350z. One said they had had big problems after remapping one. SO I've pretty much given up on the idea. I don't want a 140 mile round trip to get it done. Not bothered about how high it will rev, just lower rev torque. Were you bought up in Wolves or moved there? I'm from Fordouses and went to Northicote which I left in 1982, so yeh I'm an old fart now.

It is a long way to travel, but I thought it was worth it, especially with the spacer and decat.  I wanted to make sure that the air/fuel ratio was right and my engine would be okay with the mods. Plus, they know the car inside and out. I'd rather let someone who actually knows their stuff do the work than someone who is guessing :)

I'm a local lad, grew up between Walsall/Willenhall/Bilston, 

You wont get a good tune with the car without the proper mapping, ECUTEK And UPREV are what you need. Horsham Dev and Abbey Motorsports are down south, TDi North I believe can do the same - all three are traders on here and know the cars inside out. Don't give it to some tinpot tuner who will just have a punt and probable **** it up https://h-dev.co.uk/350z-and-370z-uprev-remapping/?v=79cba1185463

Ignore peak BHP numbers even on the remap they are to all intents and purposes pointless (a peak 15bhp gain does not mean your car now has 15bhp extra at all revs) the big thing here is to remove flat spots, drivability, AFR etc.

Edited by coldel

I'll give a +1 to Horsham, I always drive down from the Midlands. Worth every single penny, most knowledgeable and hospitable guys in the game. 

To be honest the money you spend on petrol is recouped on the fact that they will get the job done right the first time around and the fun driving back on the one motorway without average speed cameras (M40). 

Take it for a remap and service, maybe even an alignment too if your budget stretches. Make sure you pick people's brains about the maps to put on the car too and what order! (can't mess with the maps after they've been put on from what I've been told) 

Edited by Umster