Recommend me a trolley jack plse

sipar69

Hi folks,

I'm looking to fit some spacers to my Z.  Can anyone recommend a trolley jack? From what I've read not all of them are long enough to go under the front bumper and reach the front jack point.  I'll be getting some jack stands as well.

I'd prefer something not too pricey as it's unlikely to get used very often.

Cheers :)

With my 350z I have managed to use a standard profile jack on the correct jacking points front and back. To get the front on I drive into a couple of pieces of timber beforehand.

I recon any low profile jack will suffice. Halfords do a quite affordable one.

• Like 1

Fine to jack up on the sills, in the appropriate jacking spots - you'll either need an appropriate pad or a hockey puck with a grove cut into it so you don't damage the seams though.

I've got a Sealey low profile jack that I picked up from Amazon on the cheap and use a modified hockey puck, but a lot of people also use the SGS jack; https://www.sgs-engineering.com/tj3lp-low-profile-garage-trolley-jack?gclid=EAIaIQobChMI-dy1tp245wIVgbTtCh06UQK2EAQYAiABEgKWCfD_BwE#

It reaches the rear centre jacking point, but you'll struggle to get close to the front without a ramp of some description with many jacks to be honest.

• Thanks 1