Vibration Problem front wheels

z350convert

Not sure which category but here’s an interesting one.

After a recent puncture I decided to get the wonder product BikeSeal-or AutoSeal. It splashes about in the tyre and instantly seals punctures and is permanent, non toxic, non chemical, vegan etc etc. What can go wrong.

The website confuses me as it jumps around from BikeSeal to AutoSeal and often mixing the two on the same page. The two products are in fact exactly the same.

Applied product. Took for run. Great disappointment. Between 80 and 90 a bad judder through steering on certain surfaces.

Contacted Bike Seal and I was told it’s not the fault of the product as too much of it in the tyre could cause this issue but as I had not put enough in it would not be the cause.I should have put 370ml in each tyre. I pointed out that the box said clearly 250ml for cars, but he said that was a very rough guide and I should have phoned them up to check. Silly me for assuming the label was correct.

BikeSeal man said there must be another cause like wheel balance. I checked and found the weights on the repaired n/s/r wheel had come off and in fact the n/s/f as well. No problem I thought, re balance the two wheels and it’s sorted.

However, chummy at BikeSeal informed me that it wasn’t possible to balance the wheels with product in. The pack says somewhere apply to pre balanced wheels (it does say that), but as far as I was aware, they were balanced. He said I would have to have all the tyres taken off, washed of all product, put back on, rebalanced and new product applied (I don’t think so).

Shortly after I was told that as I had only put 250ml in and as a result it “might” be possible to balance the wheels.

At this point I made it clear that I was not a happy customer but could have expressed it more diplomatically as Dale at BikeSeal has gone off in a strop.

Anyway, on my third attempt I managed to explain to a  tyre shop that the product was not the work of the devil and would not cover all their kit in creeping sticky gunk, but I had to present the packaging to prove it.

The tyre place managed to balance both n/s wheels with the product still in. I tried it out on a run and no improvement. I went back and had the other two balanced and this time there is an improvement. The car steering only vibrates at 80, but not through to 90. I’m still getting slight vibration through s/wheel if I brake from reasonably high speeds (should have mentioned that, it’s always done it).

Because there is some improvement I was thinking we are on the right track. I checked the front tyres and I see they are Accelera. It’s a budget job and judging by the reviews they are crap. I changed the rears to Falcons when I got the car but the fronts were new so I left them. Have they gone off round maybe?

Filled with optimism I rang the helpful garage this morning to say I thought a couple of new Falcons on the front might sort it all and let’s forget the BikeSeal for now. They are less sure as any ovality in the tyre would have shown in the balancing and want to check the front end, the tracking, the track rods, the discs etc. Fair enough I suppose. It goes in on Wednesday.

Any theories are welcome. I don’t think the problem is BikeSeal as it’s a tested and proven clever product, just badly marketed and poorly explained. There certainly are disadvantages.

Thanks

If the car was absolutely fine before using the bikeseal/autoseal then by the process of elimination that's got to be the problem.

If I were you I'd strip the tyres off, clean that gunk out, re-balance them and see if that fixes your issue (which I'd imagine it will). 

If you've got a puncture that needs repairing then get it plugged whilst the tyre is off, from my experience puncture repair sealants just cause hassle and ruin tyres. 

Does the deal set or is it Always gloopy, for want of a better word. If gloopy when the car sits it will settle at bottom and throw wheels out of balance. 

I always think sealants are good in certain emergencies but would get the tyre sorted soon after using one. I prefer using a plug kit 

As I understand it the product stays liquid and as the tyre spins the stuff gets thrown against the inside of the tread by centrifugal force. If you get a puncture the air in the tyre mixes with the liquid and the carbon fibre content in the liquid seals the puncture instantly and permanently.

https://bikeseal.co.uk/

let me know what you think