Faulty door lock

HenryC

Hi all,

So my drivers side door has been playing up for a few weeks now. The door won’t open after it has been locked but will open from the inside.

Finally took it to Nissan to get them to check it and after a £200 diagnostic check they confirmed that I need a new locking mechanism and wanted another £450 to replace it!!!

Does anyone else think that this is ridiculous? Should I try and buy the part used and get someone else to do it or just take it back to Nissan?

Many thanks,

Henry

Avoid Nissan for Diagnostics and repairs.

I should have all the parts that you require in stock

Just let me know what part/parts that you require.

Also what side and what model of 350/370 you have.

Hopefully another forum member will be along shortly with a recommendation of a suitable independent in your area.

Sorry to be a pain but they wouldn’t tell me anymore than that. However  from having a look on here and other forums it seems other people have had similar problems and they say it’s the actuator.

Is that what is in the image? I have no idea :sweat:

Yes that is the door lock assembly including the actuator.

Ask the garage to provide you with a written itemised quotation which should include a breakdown of the labour charge and a list of the parts required including the part numbers.

In my view that is most certainly not an unreasonable request, in fact, I would consider it mandatory.

I certainly would not consider giving them authority to proceed with the repairs until you receive this, if you were to decide to get them to fix your issue.

• Like 1

I’ve taken the car back now as I didn’t want to give them any more money.

I will contact them and ask again for the breakdown as they said they would keep it on record for if I wanted to go back to them......

If I don’t get anything from them and worst case is I need the full part, do you know how much that will set me back?

Thanks for all your help! 

• 4 years later...
On 30/01/2020 at 19:48, ZMANALEX said:

I really require a bit more so that I supply you the correct part.

Is it the actuator that has failed?

Is the part that you require similar to this image?

DoorLockActuator-1842-2.jpg

Zmanelex, do you still have RH door actuators available? Its for a 2018/19 370z Nismo Coupe?