Starting a hunt

Hello all,

My name is James and for some dumb reason I have decided that in 2004 when a certain need for speed game released I wanted a 350z. I have naturally made life hard for myself and ideally am after a hr gt in sunset orange if such a car exists. I am finally able to afford one and would really like to get involved in this community.

So

Do you guys know of any 350z hr gt's in sunset orange for sale?

and

Advise on getting involved with the forum/ club

Welcome along

NFSU2 is the reason I always wanted a Zed. And obviously in the game mine was always orange! (With tacky neons and decals obv.) 

As said above the HR's didn't come in Sunset Orange, only the DE's and Revups. Happy hunting! 

Thank you to all that have welcomed me.

Admittedly it was a tad soul crushing learning that my purfect z does not exist from factory, however this opens up another route.

Please feel free if this is not the correct thread, but could you guys give some advise on buying cheaper 350z hr's, are ones with over 100k miles ok, are there specific things I should look for and avoid?

Thanks in advance

There are good old 350's out there.

They don't all fall apart after 15 years.

Just recently Parsonby sold his gunmetal DE zed with a mere 30k miles on it that looked as fresh as they come.

I think the big issues with older zeds would be corrosion (arches, underbody braces and suspension) and smoking engines and gearbox failures.

Sunset orange is very dependent on the ambient lighting.

Under the sun or fluorescent lights I wouldn't choose any other colour as I reckon it stands out like a Candy paint. 

Bit on an overcast day it can look like it's just covered in pollen.

If you've seen it in the flesh and really love the colour, have a look at some older ones and hopefully you'll find a gem:thumbs:

Just in case you've not seen the sunset orange under NON FLATTERING light, here's a few photos of mine where the paint looks dead and a bit Meh:thumbdown:

Auto Finesse Tripple

2018-07-15_05-42-08

Even freshly cleaned the orange isn't saying much.

But under the sun.....

350z still looking fresh after more than 10 years

In a car park...

2019-02-11_06-48-00

Or at night...

Sunset orange Nismo Aero kitted 350z

I wouldn't have ANY other colourB)

Even on an overcast day. Nothing make me happier than looking down that shiny orange bonnet! 

One of Nissan's criteria for these motors was for them to last to 200k miles. And with the required servicing they will happily do that. Problem with an older car and one with higher milage is there's more chance of an owner missing them out or not checking the oil regularly enough.

Good old examples are still out there. Got my 04 just over a year ago with 59k on the clock and a FSH. It doesn't burn a drop of oil and chassis and bodywork are pretty rust free. (Fitted new kidneys last weekend though).

I think there's an 04 sunset on the Facebook page for sale that you'd be interested in. 

IMG_20200116_132845.jpg