Whats the best racing game of all time?

auzyfozy

I’m into PS4 in a big way. I still like GT Sport, particularly now that the “Lewis Hamilton” challenge is available. It’s made me work really hard, resulting in me getting round the Nordschlife 2 minutes quicker than previously, albeit not in a Sauber, but still need to get a further 4-5 seconds off though!

With regards to rally games Dirt Rally 2.0 is epic, particularly for historics as it includes a 240Z, now that’s class!

With regards to how to play, if you’re a petrol head you really need a wheel & pedal set, if you can go for a Fanatec system, a bit more expensive, but the quality, engineering & feel are worth it.

also check out the Symdeck website.

J

Have to say found GT Sport really disappointing. Such a trawl to get anywhere with it, and the racing is not very intense. Already deleted it off the PS4 not worth the 100GB or so space it takes up.

• Like 1

Quite a tough one this... But I'm a huge fan of the arcade-style genre

NFS Carbon was the OG back in the day - literally the only game with free-roam; third-party visual customisations & the ability to dash from the cops :p

NFS Shift 2: Unleashed & NFS (2015) were both unbelievable. Completely different games; only thing that lets NFS (2015) down is the online mode with some bell smashing your Z up just after you've made new mods, at 140MPH whilst you're parked... *Yawnnnn*

I know EA are working on the successor to HEAT at the moment though ;)

• Like 1

9 hours ago, coldel said:

Have to say found GT Sport really disappointing. Such a trawl to get anywhere with it, and the racing is not very intense. Already deleted it off the PS4 not worth the 100GB or so space it takes up.

Yep I have to agree. 

GT Sport was/is really disappointing especially the online side of racing with regards to the SR and DR rating system. Nothing ruins a racing game faster than being penalised when other people do things wrong. 

My current recommendation if you want something fun with a great range of vehicles, tracks and surfaces to race on is a game called "Wreckfest". 

I bought it brand new when it first came out last year for less than £40 but it's now available for less than £20! Bargain imho. 

20 hours ago, coldel said:

The only GT Sport that was remotely decent was the one on PS3. The forced online incarnation is more like a half game or demo. Gran Turismo 7 should debut with Playstation 5 they are claiming 240 FPS but not necessarily 8K. I'll be honest I never bothered after GT5. Didnt bother with 6 as they messed up the visuals with some silly filter

Games are just not the same as they used to be. I still remember GT 1- 5. GT1 because it was the first of its kind and all GT games have been educational tbh. Detail was very good. But then Forza and co came along and GT need to step up

The Z4 M Supercharged and GTR Black Edition 850 HP were my favourites in GT5 game

Edited by GranTurismoEra

19 hours ago, CalvinPomfret said:

Quite a tough one this... But I'm a huge fan of the arcade-style genre

NFS Carbon was the OG back in the day - literally the only game with free-roam; third-party visual customisations & the ability to dash from the cops :p

NFS Shift 2: Unleashed & NFS (2015) were both unbelievable. Completely different games; only thing that lets NFS (2015) down is the online mode with some bell smashing your Z up just after you've made new mods, at 140MPH whilst you're parked... *Yawnnnn*

I know EA are working on the successor to HEAT at the moment though ;)

The bane of online gaming. The last racing game I bothered with was The Crew on PS4. 370 Zed with 800 HP

Edited by GranTurismoEra