Whats the best racing game of all time?

auzyfozy

I've always loved racing games but can never really decide on my favourite - keen to hear yours!

I've always had a penchant for games where I could race my car in real life (either a 350z or a 944 turbo) but I also love a good rally game.

Is the consensus that project cars with a wheel is the best? Or is Gran Turismo still reigning king?

GT hasn’t been the king for many years imho, not since GT4. PC2 is awesome once you take the time to set each car up, but that’s not something to drop in and out of really. Once done though, I’d say it’s unbeatable. 

• Like 1

On the original PlayStation it has to be Wipeout 

Enjoyed GT4 on the PS2.

Never really got into Gran Tourismo as much on the PS3 as the PS2, but I really enjoyed Race Driver Grid  on the PS3.

That was the last racing game I ever bought so I'm not really qualified to say anymore :p

23 minutes ago, auzyfozy said:

Hahaha love the Hard Drivin' shout! I've spent hours on that :)

The original Colin Mcrae rally was a favourite of mine as well - especially loved the cheats!

Also the early need for speeds before they became too 'arcadey'

I also enjoyed all 3 of those too. B)

I miss the old Arcade days big time as well. 

Assetto Corsa on PC.. nothing really comes close to mod-ability and despite being a fairly old game now in real terms, its community keeps it very fresh with its add-ons for dynamic weather, additional cars, tracks etc. Most recently spanking it along one of Tokyo's expressways in an S30 fairlady.. extremely cool B)

Console wise, I did have a soft spot for Project Gotham Racing on Xbox.

Arcade wise, had to be Sega Rally!

• 5 weeks later...

Although I don't play racing games anymore. I would say Gran Turismo and more recently Forza Horizon on Xbox. If you are a hardcore sim player. Assetto Corsa on PC

Race Driver Grid was good for crash realism on console which was limited thats about it

Gran Turismo 1-5 were the best racing games on any console. That was a different era. PS1 to PS3. Now their games are biased towards online play which some have no interest in.

On 23/01/2020 at 20:24, HEADPHONES said:

On the original PlayStation it has to be Wipeout 

Enjoyed GT4 on the PS2.

Never really got into Gran Tourismo as much on the PS3 as the PS2, but I really enjoyed Race Driver Grid  on the PS3.

That was the last racing game I ever bought so I'm not really qualified to say anymore :p

loved Grid. The online touring car races were amazing and so much fun if you got a good lobby. Then a random would join and block the start finish after the first lap. Carnage