LS1 V8 , engine, 350z swap, build.

Nismoandy

• 1 month later...

Good news for me I have now got an MOT , but I did have bit of a drama at mot center  , " I arrived on time said hello chatted about the car left the  car running to get the sports cats as warm as possible did the emissions first and all was going well  turned the car off  , then restarted to put on the ramp, and then I had petrol leak from underneath, o dear they were not happy with me, it was were i had clipped on a new hose and it wasn't quite clipped in all the way anyway pushed it back on and all was okay

As soon as It passed I had a quick trip round to a mate of mine. 

their are a few electrical issues so next week it goes in the work shop , nothing to serious 

Edited by Nismoandy
  • Like 2

• 2 months later...

Hi everyone I have not been on for a while as I have had a few jobs to finish off  I have been running the car when I get a chance so it beds in many components engine clutch etc ,I had my first run out with the club to the Ace cafe , which was a great day out lovely to see many club members. 

One of those jobs was to change over the fuel pump  as the  engine and fuel rail needs to runs at 4 bar around 57psi and the original 350z v6 runs at 3 bar 51psi , although there's not much difference between the pressure it does effect the  start up and the potential power output (bhp)  I'm getting some one to  tune it properly soon ,and  will put on the dino tune for everyone to see. I will  also put on a few more issues that I have had to sort out, soon 20210622_180139.jpg.e1033b99460ceebcd1d30d578055b426.jpg 

20210622_182448.jpg

20210622_184418.jpg

20210622_184612.jpg

Edited by Nismoandy
update
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

Small update been busy with work for a while.

The car has been reliable so far with a few teething problems,  With the engine being rather large and  runs hotter than the original engine, the heat radiates into the driving compartment so I'm at the moment recommissioning the air conditioning system it's been regassed but going to try and fix the wiring  . Also I have installed an exhaust by pass but not sure if I like it ,I'm going to live with it for now and see what  other people think of it at japfest??20210813_135949.jpg.a6ce94c02030599c4ead70d8b393e9cf.jpg

20210813_135944.jpg

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Been living with the  conversion for a while now and  I  have recorded an average of 24mpg  going to  japfest and home over the weekend which is acceptable for how I use it.  But one of the bugs that needs ironing out is the clutch,  I put in a stage 1 clutch to coupe with the extra torque,  but since I've been using it it's been juddering when you engage different gears, I'm not a hundred percent sure weather it's contamination or a  Characteristic of this clutch or something else, anyway I'll be taking the gearbox out of the car over the winter to sort out :dry:(ps anyone else have any suggestions on this).

In the near future the 350z will be going in for a full respray in candy ruby red ,and a couple of other mods picture below is the colour it will be 

20210902_193052.jpg

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, pintopete58 said:

24 is very good when I had my c5 corvette that did 30 on a run and think when you've ironed a few things out it could improve  . What a great colour. We spoke at ace in June I'm the one that had the blue 350 with carbon dipped mirrors 

Yes I remember  lovely car thanks 

• Nismoandy changed the title to LS1 V8 , engine, 350z swap, build.
  • 3 weeks later...

As of this week the 350z has gone in for the full respray  I've taken off all of the flame decals ,and changed the bonnet as it had significantly rust on the aluminium bonnet  and not worth saving, so changed for a good second hand one.

Photo before  and then after .

Last two photos are of the front bumper please can you let me know what one you prefer thanks as I am in two minds thanks Andy 

IMG-20210926-WA0004.jpeg.722add9e7e7a8ff10f7b47f5a988422b.jpeg20210911_163210.jpg.5f1eefe7fd73f36cf518bc30f7f9cb47.jpg

20210925_074742.jpg

20210925_074854.jpg

Edited by Nismoandy