LS1 V8 , engine, 350z swap, build.

Nismoandy

• 3 months later...

Well it's been a long time since I've posted  on the form I have been very busy at work . The car has had very little work Done on it Since last time.

I will be finishing off the  Transplant In January. I have been  busy buying some parts  to start the process for making the car look different later on i will tackle the breaks and suspension 

IMG_20201129_073303_879.jpg

Edited by Nismoandy
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hi everyone just getting a much welcome break after Christmas, and getting back to working on the 350z, we're I'm happiest. 

Just before I stopped on the billd before Christmas, I  Had a problem with the oil pressure not registering on any instruments, So while I was working i tryed to figure out what it was,  anyway it came down to either the oil pressure sensor or the oil relocation kit,  so instead of doing one and then the other because we all know whatever we do first it's always the other part that requires replacing :dry: so I just done both, and I'm pleased to say that it has solved this problem .

There's a couple more things but nothing serious :thumbs:

20201230_164620.jpg

20201230_164826.jpg

20201230_164602.jpg

IMG_20200814_141253.jpg

• Like 3

Just been going through all the wiring reset the ecu and at the moment no problems and no lights on the dashboard :yahoo::clap: and gave it a dame good thrashing 

Edited by Nismoandy
update
  • Like 1

I'm on a roll at the moment so wanted to check the car outside the garage to get a better idea of what is okay and what is going to need to alter before I get it to the m.o.t. center and back on the road. 

So had to finish off loads of bits and pieces  plus tidy up the garage, before we got it out  the noise when I am turning the steering wheel is the power steering pump needs bleeding 

• Like 4

• 1 month later...

Small update it been cold outside in the garage so us southern softy  are rubbish with the cold :lol:,  but I have rehashed the  cats  to lift the exhaust  off the floor.  I have ordered up and received the loj fuel pump and pressure regulator 

20210203_174514.jpg

20210203_123932.jpg

Edited by Nismoandy

I will have to cut and  weld a new 02 sensor hole (bung) as the 02 sensor are read  before the cat and  not after  the cat .

Also I have managed to order the fuel pump and pressure regulator for ls1 engine as it pressure needs to be around 58 psi ,it's from loj conversion and they've managed to incorporate the new fuel pump and pressure regulator in the original  housing as the 350z and also have the same system as Nissan as in a no return fuel line .:teeth:

20210213_210450.jpg

Edited by Nismoandy
  • Like 1

• Nismoandy changed the title to LS1 V8 , engine, 350z swap, build.