LS1 V8 , engine, 350z swap, build.

Nismoandy

Hi everyone everyone finally finished off the wiring and check systems oil in and  ,power steering fluid installed.  We're going to try a short start up to see if it will run :D .

The 1st time that we put power into the system the starter motor was permanently engaged so quickly sorted starter motor to make sure it worked correctly :thumbs:.  OK  .

So we turned it over and nothing :wacko:just a strong smell of petrol  anyway took one of the spark plugs out and checked to see if we've got a spark yes OK  so checked over the engine again to see if I've missed anything the only thing that is not working at the moment is the MAF , and air intake temperature sensor.  

So back to the drawing board and head scratching  so had a cuppa tea with a shortbread biscuits:p   , tried the car again and came to the conclusion that we probably had a mixture of old fuel condensation build up and flooding the engine. A few minutes later Hurray successfully managed to fire up with a little help from a friend  . Video  to see what happened 

Edited by Nismoandy
update

Saw this a couple of weeks ago. Looks amazing. The plumbing is Corgi standard :teeth:. For a member to build this using their own skills is quiet incredible. Well done Andy, the finishing line is getting closer by the day.:clap::clap:

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, andy james said:

Sounds bloody lovely Andy!

Start a separate savings account for V Power!! 

:scare: it's going to be a bit juicy , but I probably won't be doing more than 3 thousand miles a year i will try not to have to much of a  lead foot , maybe a little bit 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

45 minutes ago, pintopete58 said:

I've owned a few v8s  and my c5 Corvette is still the best car I have driven  and owned. Petrol was never an issue mileage per gallon. 

And I think your build is awesome and enjoy. 

Thank you very much for your kind response, much appreciated. 

My idea has always been to bring both worlds together and use the GM, Ls series engine are very undestmated in this country and the cd09 gearbox together with 350z chassis hopefully will make enjoyable fun combinations. 

More importantly reliable in the long term :thumbs: . 

I will put on the forum the rest of the  build obviously,  but I will also let everyone know how reliable it has been and any problems I come across also driving pleasure per gallon ,also give a reasonable pricing and different ways of taking on a project like this!! 

Edited by Nismoandy
spelling mistake
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Bit more progress coming together now and the engine bay is looking tight.  I have changed the stock fans to  Mishimoto it also helps with extra cooling and clearance,  for the air intake i probably will change the size of the intake and colour of the pipes? Not sure yet I'm just concentrating on getting this up and running still waiting for a few parts but not many :thumbs:

Did have a play with the  running and seems to be working nicely 

20200826_233956.jpg

20200826_234027.jpg

20200826_234047.jpg

IMG-20200823-WA0006.jpeg

IMG-20200823-WA0004.jpeg

Edited by Nismoandy
update
  • Like 1

On 27/08/2020 at 01:12, Nismoandy said:

Bit more progress coming together now and the engine bay is looking tight.  I have changed the stock fans to  Mishimoto it also helps with extra cooling and clearance,  for the air intake i probably will change the size of the intake and colour of the pipes? Not sure yet I'm just concentrating on getting this up and running still waiting for a few parts but not many :thumbs:

Did have a play with the  running and seems to be working nicely 

20200826_233956.jpg

20200826_234027.jpg

20200826_234047.jpg

IMG-20200823-WA0006.jpeg

IMG-20200823-WA0004.jpeg

If you ever get heating problems, change the mishimoto fans back to OEM (if its fits) because my experience with them is that the OEM perform better. 

• Thanks 1

Hi everyone small update have managed to finish off the MAF sensor and the intake air temperature sensor which has been installed into the aluminium intake 20200905_204357.jpg.ca51584a1a556ebd113776a02417516f.jpg

Also I have installed a cold air intake for the 350z this can be used for any 350z there's a video on the next page  showing how!

20200904_181938.jpg

Edited by Nismoandy
update
  • Like 2

• Nismoandy changed the title to LS1 V8 , engine, 350z swap, build.