Cold start misfire

Rippon766

Hi all

My car has been misfiring very intermittently when driving normally, probably once every 50 miles. It's had an issue where it misfire's on cold start a little. This is mainly when the weather is less than 5 degrees. It misfired quite badly this morning for around 10 seconds. 

I've also had a warm start issue where the car wont idle until you give it a bit of gas to keep the engine alive, but it will idle fine once its "caught". 

The car is currently showing code P0350. 

*edit* - this is a 2003 DE Jap import

I had a misfire last year which I cured with a new set of plugs (6 months ago ish) and a coil pack. I didn't manage to locate and cure this until it was really bad.

Engine mods - 

HKS filter

Decat exhaust /system

Horsham Plenum Spacer

Horsham Map

Has anyone had something similar to this before or can point me in the right direction of how to sort this. 

Thanks

Edited by Rippon766

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

What's the mileage on this? 

I'd still be looking at the coils; try replacing one bank and then switch them around to see if it persists.

Cheap coils can fail pretty quickly also.

Had a quick search and maybe this'll be of use to you: 

Have you cleaned out the throttle body and performed the idle relearn procedure?  

Edited by GoHashiri
Link

Edit -Mix of miles and KM - 50,000k Km, now showing 106k on clock, so im guessing 50,000 km and 56,000 miles

Thanks for the suggestions, I did check my coils and it didnt resolve the issue, however I got a really bad misfire this week. I've pulled the coils off again and the NGK coil I bought recently had broken. I've sorted that and I still have the issue. 

I'll clean the throttle body and do a relearn this weekend, I'll also change my plugs.

Thanks for the help!

Edited by Rippon766