Paycos New Project and Build Thread

Payco

• 2 weeks later...

My new windscreen rubbers finally arrived from Datsport in Australia a few weeks ago and today my fitter turned up to take out the old 100% rubber trim and fit it up with the correct rubbers designed to accommodate the chrome beading. Front screen is in but sadly I had to shoot into London for work before he could finish the rear so he is returning next week to finish the job. Full photos to follow when complete but here are a few from today.

screen 1.jpg

screen 2 (2).jpg

screen 3.jpg

screen 4.jpg

screen 5.jpg

• Like 6

Don’t worry Col I’m having some help and I’m great at making spaghett and there is nothing else we can sadly get out and do right now.:angry:

Edited by Payco
  • Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, coldel said:

I’m bringing my engine bay over! 

Great result mate!

Thanks Col. Plenty more to do but happy to do any bits and pieces if anyone wants me too. Sadly I actually enjoy the challenge and work.

• 3 months later...

Wow what an incredible thread to catch up on. Cracking little car and no doubt a sound investment. Love the restoration work you’re undertaking. With regards to colour, I think I’m leaning towards the yellow, it has a warmer hue to it. Having said that, the green and blue are well suited. 

Would love an old Datsun....they’re all so expensive now! 

• Like 1

Thanks for the kind comments Ceejay. Car is heading off for a month next week for some work . All will be revealed in due course...

• Like 1

3 hours ago, coldel said:

Bosozoku exhaust? ;)

I’ve been watching the Juiceboxforyou vlogs in Japan. Also Sammit. Both feature Bosozoku and Kanjo. Incredible footage.

Sammit features regular Daikoku meets and ‘nostalgic car event’ - well worth a watch.  The old JDM cars are incredible. 

• Like 1

Doubtful it will be at Ace Andy but I will be there. Thanks Ceejay. I’m all over this. Below is where I purchased my car from where it had sat for  the last eight years before he sold it to me via an agent. You can just see the side of mine on the right at 2.06 into the clip.

Edited by Payco
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Payco said:

Doubtful it will be at Ace Andy but I will be there. Thanks Ceejay. I’m all over this. Below is where I purchased my car from where it had sat for  the last eight years before he sold it to me via an agent. You can just see the side of mine on the right at 2.06 into the clip.

What an incredible collection! 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...