Back in a 350Z, Cheshire

Picked up a 350Z today; great to be back in one! 

Since my last one, I've had the following cars:

Honda Integra DC2 (great on a blast but not great as a commuter; lots spent on modifying)

Mazda MX5 10th Anni (great fun but SUVs don't see you & try to drive over you!) 

Porsche Cayman S (987.2, amazing gearchange, steering, handling, build quality, sound etc!  didn't feel comfortable driving round in a house deposit on finance when I didn't even have a mortgage and also attracted some unwanted attention / fear of damage etc) 

Renault Clio 200 (heavily modified, plated diff, cage; fun on track but I'm a bit old for these now & the gearboxes are very fragile; Akrapovic exhaust was wonderful!)    

Toyota GT86 (returned as shocking build quality - crunching gears; a characteristic of the car the main dealer tried telling me!) 

Ford Focus ST170 (amazing steering & handling, would get again as a cheap daily but needs the Recaros as std seats uncomfortable)

Honda Integra DC5 (made in to a track toy - lots of money spent, running sphericals, plated diff, cage etc)

VW Golf R32 mk4 (great all weather daily, bit firm and needed lots spent on maintenance) 

The 350Z is great!  The sound, the punch, the look; it's all so right :)  It's got a Cobra catback and sounds great but not too loud (previous Z had Berks cats, Stillen Y pipe as well but was too loud; it actually hurt & failed drive-by noise limits at Bedford & Brands)

Thinking to uprate the suspension as it's a bit wallowly on the tight twisties; might try ARBs first rather than coilovers, as want to keep a supple ride as it's my daily, but hopefully will see a track or two at some point. 

First mods will be a weighted gearknob, probably a @Mopedmark one as this much improved the shifting feel on my previous Z, and a 380RS pedal as this really helped with heel and toe :)

Edited by Oversteer

On 05/01/2020 at 20:58, HEADPHONES said:

Wow.....that practically looks brand new inside and out.

So sad seeing unloved ones with interiors scratched to buggery and seat bolsters looking as if they were used by a dog as a chew toy!

Thank you!  It was the best I could find and then spent spent spent!  

put carpet back in now plus brand new passenger setup and brand new Cup2s :) 

chap was meant to be collecting on Monday after leaving a £1k deposit and spending a lot of time discussing with the sales guy at Torque GT, so it's back up for sale

https://www.torque-gt.co.uk/dc5-track-car-131119.html