Help!!

Nico01

•  
  • Members
  • 1 post

Hi all!

Had a bit of a problem tonight, drove to town to pop to a shop with no issues, came out and started the car but abs light, engine management light, esp light all stayed on. The headlights came on without actually turning them on, and the car wouldn’t rev up? I was going to leave it there and get it picked up tomorrow but the central locking wouldn’t work either? So I had a look around under the bonnet and found that one of the wires from the 60amp fuse to the battery positive terminal was loose. Wiggled it a bit and tried starting the car again. It’s started and drove home ok full power, although esp light still on and the lights still on without turning them off. Got home, sorted the dodgy wire and thought that would of sorted it! No..... although the car drives fine now, the esp light still on, Rev counter doesn’t work, light on without turning them on and the fob not working to lock it, and although the indicators work they aren’t flashing up on the dash? Any ideas guys?  

4 hours ago, Nico01 said:

@Zmanalex?

Here he is - a Member Trader on here who been with the forum since its earliest days and has helped to keep thousands of members cars running and is a major source of parts for the Zeds.

https://www.350z-uk.com/profile/9648-zmanalex/

I can understand your query being a new member and it's a shame there is not a 'sticky' in the member traders area to help identify these members who do an invaluable job.

Edited by Ebized
  • Thanks 1

Sounds like a battery issue to me, how old is the battery?

Has is been left un-used for a while?

Mine did something similar after i went to Australia for 5 weeks and i tried to use it again. Had to leave it overnight on a trickle charger then go on a long drive the next day to cure it.

• Thanks 1

The battery has been fine since I’ve owned it, I’m just wondering that if the dodgy wire was connecting on and off it’s just sent the car into a bit of a confused state? Just wondering if it’s worth disconnecting the battery over night and see if it sorts itself out? 

Update!

Disconnected the battery last night, reconnected it this morning and everything is fine? only thing that doesn't work now is the key fob buttons. I have seen a few topics on here on how to reprogram the key so will give that a go later.