Nissan to show case Skyline at Auto Salon

GranTurismoEra

https://www.motor1.com/news/387821/nissan-skyline-tokyo-auto-show-concepts/

Nissan will showcase their latest version of the infiniti Q50 which has been returned to the original Skyline branding (G35,G37)

This is the 400R Skyline that may be released at a later date depending on which side of the bed Nissan wake up on. After being fined £22 million Im guessing theyll probably be looking to actually move forward with a new model or two within the next 12 to 24 months...

Who knows, either way their slow refresh rate of many of their models is quite jarring and a loss of interest in their brand is more than they deserve. They cant now complain about financial losses.

I still think they should focus on electrification and all Infiniti models should be made hybrid or electrified 

nissan-skyline-400r-sprint-concept.jpg

Edited by GranTurismoEra
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Whitevanman said:

the deluxe model looks bloody awfull,

will the 400r be a limited addition as it was in the r33? and will it come in a 2door?

No two door skyline for now. Nissan have been promoting older original 4 door skylines from the 80s on social media. I do wonder what will happen with the Q60. It makes sense to do something similar to Lexus LC 3.5 V6 Hybrid or go fully electric. Then bring out a fully electric q50 at a later date. 

Then youd have Skyline as the petrol or petrol/hybrid and Infiniti with the electric equivalent.

But nooo

A skyline 2 door I cant see it.

Given there are no source's quoted on the article aside from them claiming Nissan have said this is what they are doing, can anyone help me find this official Nissan announcement? I have googled it to death and nothing is coming up aside from these two pictures and the usual gossip sites pushing something about what they think they are...

Photos of this style were kicking around the internet earlier this year, google Q50 Skyline and various links come up. That 400r badge looks a bit crap, like someones spent 15 quid on ebay for the letter and numbers and stuck it on for a laugh.

Plenty of big power 4 door salon cars kicking around nowadays, for me this isn't a Skyline in the coupe 2 door style. All rather uninspiring for me unfortunately. 

Edited by coldel