I appreciate art but really...

coldel

8 hours ago, coldel said:

Apparently another artist went in and ate the banana, but its ok, the bananas are easily replaceable according to the gallery. 

What an utter farce. A silly bubble of stupidity. 

Yea I saw that last night :lol:

5 hours ago, SuperStu said:

The clever bit is not the banana, it’s getting yourself into a position where your banana is something someone wants to pay $120k for.

The even cleverer bit is having a banana that everyone will most likely be queueing up to eat at $1000 per time..... you just wait :lol:

• Like 1

As an artist I really do know what the art world is all about and who gets to earn the money and get fame. There are fabulous artists all over the country. The worst bullshit in my opinion is what many artist do, which is do a painting, sculptor or installation and then you make up a pseudo intellectual statement to say what it means. Favourite bullshit atm seems to be anything to do with climate crisis obviously, then there is the classic "opening a dialogue", "Challenging preconception about..." and so on.

This is my artwork if y'all interested? ecofriendlyal.wixsite.com/mysite 

also Instagram @ecofriendlyal

Here is some of the art I've bought of friends and some talented folks in the Wolverhampton arts scene which is thriving.

A couple of clare wassermans and a work by Loz Taylor. I also have a work by graffiti artist Skore, a two piece work. I chose not to meet him as I didn't want to be burdened by knowing his identity.

There is good art and at reasonable prices. I only buy what I want to look at daily. Never buy just for investment, it may never happen.

IMG_20191123_133122[1].jpg

IMG_20191107_140942[1].jpg

IMG_20191210_110340.jpg

I lived next to an artist (Peter Griffin), saw him everyday working so appreciate there is thought processes, effort, skill and desire that goes into it - but sometimes that line just gets crossed and it becomes something of ridicule - basically because it deserves to be. 

This banana thing, reminds me of Mr Beans Holiday, where you have Willem Dafoe's movie at the end taking the pish.

Absurd though an expensive piece of banana art no doubt is, it seems no more absurd to me than a Premier League footballer getting paid more than an A&E doctor or a zero talent Instagram celeb coining it in for posting pics of themselves doing nothing out of the ordinary.  

Edited by sipar69