Changing Brake Lines.. HELP!!

Getjiggy

Hi Folks,

Zed has gone into the garage to have stop tech discs, pads and stainless lines fitted. However, the garage has just informed me they wont touch the front lines due to them being too much of a difficult job if anything were to go wrong. I was under the impression its a straight swap with the oem ones... what could possibly go wrong?!?!

TIA

Well could be a complete punt but I remember when putting lines on the front of my zed (back in 2011!) they had to be held to the side by some clips otherwise there was a chance they would pinch somewhere. Maybe its something to do with that?

To be honest, I would be asking them what it is they are worried about, they will be best placed to answer your question!

• Thanks 1

They are probably worried about the brake Union where the hard line connects to the braided line. If or more likely when it cracks the line trying to undo it with a few correct tools it's not a massive job, obviously the correct way is to replace the whole line but what the majority, including me is to remake a section. I can see why the garage want to stay clear but it's nothing to be scared of

• Thanks 1