MPS4s

Kev T

17 hours ago, davey_83 said:

I will take the opinion of the expert in the video over yourself.

Good for you. Nobody, not even Dan (uncharacteristically) is telling you whose opinion you should "take".

However, given they are both just opinions, maybe you shouldn't "take" either and just develop your own opinion instead. Just a thought.

However one is a professional on the matter and the other isnt....... Its not feasible for Dan to foam an opinion on a tyre he's never had any dealing with, its a poor thought. For one he thought the F1 A5 was a UHP tyre....... Furthmore its done pretty well in the test shown in the link. Point is you can not rate the new F1 SS by the F1 A5, however if you did..... the previous F1 was a monster in the wet repeatedly. It gets to a point whereby an opinion has to take a back seat to fact.

https://www.tyrereviews.co.uk/Tyre/Goodyear/Eagle-F1-Asymmetric-5.htm

And I’ve already said before that my opinion differs from everyone else’s on the F1s of days gone by, so I’m not sure what point it is you’re trying to make? I’ve never said that my word on the subject is the definitive one, only that I pass my experience on in the hope it may guide folks. 

I’ve found all that I’ve tried to be a bit rubbish in terms of wet grip and certainly feel, but I do appreciate that’s not borne out by testing. Honestly, I can’t explain it. All I know is that they felt like they were trying to kill me, and that was on 4WD cars. Maybe they’re different on 2WD, I don’t know. It’s very odd. 

• Like 1

Well I'm just about to get MPS4S fitted, so if they're crap I'm going to come back here and call Dan some rude names.

I did manage to order the fronts in the wrong size, so not off to a great start but sadly I think that one's on me :(

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, davey_83 said:

However one is a professional on the matter and the other isnt.......

Who is the guy in the video then? I genuinely have no idea as to his credentials other than him having a YouTube channel which literally anyone can have.

3 hours ago, davey_83 said:

Its not feasible for Dan to foam an opinion on a tyre he's never had any dealing with, its a poor thought.

Ironically that's your opinion.

Also it's perfectly feasible, look he has expressed his opinion on a tyre he's never had any dealing with.

I believe you mean it's nonsensical of Dan to form such an opinion, but then that's just my opinion.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, ilogikal1 said:

Who is the guy in the video then? I genuinely have no idea as to his credentials other than him having a YouTube channel which literally anyone can have.

Screenshot_20200403-155855.png.6b1e53d0fe6a4fc6e6fe038552962961.png

Screenshot_20200403-160145.png.fead262a8174fd78b867ac9692dea3fa.png

Pretty handy behind the wheel also

Screenshot_20200403-161836.png.1548fb9a7d14fc05d3a04b9fa9584e14.png

Edited by davey_83

2 hours ago, ilogikal1 said:

Ah, so he's a professional by YouTube revenues alone then. I'd claim he's a professional YouTuber, but let's not get into semantics. :lol:

Trolling now fella, but such is the ways these days. Him and his company subjectively are about as high up the tree in the UK for tyre reviews. 

Edited by davey_83

I may well trust him, but his site is shockingly bad as it let’s complete idiots post reviews of tyres too and most are either just saying how wonderful a tyre is because they spent money on it, or how crap one is because it does what it’s designed to do (review of a MPSC2: “Pricey and really not worth the money.

6 months and 20,000 kilometres and they are finished.

Interesting I had equal wear over all 4 tires without rotation. Not so sure footed in the wet or in cold weather. Noisey, actually very noisy tires especially when wearing low to 4mm down to 2mm tree depth.

10% increase in fuel consumption driving the same roads I have driven, same vehicle with previous tires that lasted 45,000 kilometres. No real sense of better anything really”. and that’s on a Ford Falcon Ute ffs! I mean what did they expect?!) 

56 minutes ago, davey_83 said:

Trolling now fella, but such is the ways these days. Him and his company subjectively are about as high up the tree in the UK for tyre reviews. 

Not trolling, my previous post was made very much tongue in cheek.

You let whoever you like tell you what your opinions are, but maybe scale back on telling other people they shouldn’t have their own opinions....

Totally not my intention to suggest someone can't have an opinion, after all we all have different preferences. We all have knowledge and trust in things we haven't personally experienced, so your dig is hypocritical. I will however take heed from a professional tyre tester, compared to any individual on the forum within reason.

To the average driver the cheapest and preferred sidewall design will be more than enough *so says the pro.

Individual personal reviews (non professional) are exactly my point, to be taken with a pinch of salt. Just like hotel or restaurant reviews on trip advisor, an overall picture is to be taken as reference which the tyre reviews UK website provides.

Edited by davey_83