Hello

I have just bought a 370Z and have always found on line communities and forums really helpful and so hello!

I have replaced my S2000 that I had for five years and looked at Caymans, GT86s and 370s. The 370 was a nice place to be and felt a bit more interesting than the others. A bit of a departure for me because I usually go for more lightweight stuff but I am planning some bigger European trips and my wife is getting fed up with the noise and discomfort of past cars.

But, I need some help already!

Not really very familiar with 370zs - you hardly ever see them around here and when I test drove the one that I have bought I hadn't realised that it had spacers on. However now that the roads have dried up and I have had the chance to drive on some more challenging roads I have realised that the steering is really corrupted. It tramlines and hunts and really wanders on hard braking. I am happy to keep the spacers if the geo can be fixed and I might look at lowering springs/coil overs to stop it being on tip toes. I don't need track car handling gains, this is purely my general road and work car.

I have seen Horsham Developments at Newbury but does anyone know anyone more local to Sussex that knows 370s that can have a look and advise on the options.

Thanks in advance.

Hi and welcome. Have you tried the obvious one first. Tyre pressures. The reason I say this is because mine was exactly the same as you. It would tramline and pull. I checked the pressures to find they were all over the place. Pumped up to 34psi all round and it was a different car. Lovely and straight on even the bumpiest roads. I expect some of the more established members will be on soon to give you a more in depth reason as to why your car is driving as it is but try the pressures 1st. It is the least expensive cure:thumbs:

I hope you sort it soon and start enjoying your new ride.

Cheers, Ken

All the tyre pressures were a bit low and one much lower but not enough to make a big difference. Pumped them up and still the same I'm afraid.

The spacers are 25mm on the back and 20mm on the front. I assume that they have been put on and nothing done with the geometry. I would rather take them off to get the steering back to normal, lower it a bit and then get it set up properly and do tracking etc.

Just need to know who to take it to locally to get it set up.

Definitely get the geo checked. Mine felt really light at the front at speed, and generally not as good as I thought it should when I first got it. I had the geo set up (it was quite a bit off) and the transformation was like night and day! I also had spacers on at the time.

• 3 weeks later...

Just by way of update I replaced,the tyres and the old ones were not so much worn out but just old and perished. That made a very big difference to the steering feel and just the sense of stability. I have now also taken it to Scott at Abbey Motorsport and they have fitted KW coil overs and sorted out the geometry.

Abbey Motorsport were great to deal with and now the car feels transformed and so thanks all and happy days.

i will now have to tinker with the engine because after the Honda it feels breathless and a bit reluctant at high revs.

i just can’t stop tinkering!

• Like 2