Fan/Aircon blower motor query

ByteJuggler

So my trusty Zed's blower motor started intermittently dying/stopping then coming on etc. recently.

I had the car serviced recently as well, and duly told the stealers to investigate, they subsequently said to me the blower motor is dead, and then proceeded to quote me £2,500 to replace "the whole heater unit", to which I said "how come you want to replace the whole unit when only the blower motor is dead, and I know those are like $120 tops new?" "No, but you have to replace the whole unit."  They must be on crack if they think I'm paying £2.5 grand to fix a blower motor.   Strangely, since they investigated, the motor doesn't come on at all anymore and is 100% dead.  Hmmmm....

Since then I've done some of my own research and I have my suspicions that this may in fact rather be the blower motor relay, which apparently can cause this behaviour.  Unfortunately I've not been able to locate exactly where this mythical beast is, and also confirm which relays I actually need to buy to replace them with. 

Even so, it might be the blower motor so I've been contemplating getting one from a breakers yard regardless as a spare, but they're kind of rare and more expensive than the more common Nissan Murano blower motor's that appear visually identical, but aren't listed as compatible most places (though in some they are.)

So can anyone:

a) Confirm whether the Nissan Murano blower motors are the same as in the Zed?

b) Confirm where the bloody blower relay is.

Thanks so much.

Edited by ByteJuggler

I have 350 DE and HR blower motors in stock as well as relays and other associated parts to fix your issue.

Have you checked the connections on the white ribbon and also the condition of the white ribbon itself?

I also have the ribbons in stock if required.

Alex. :)