11J ET8 Rears?

Shunter8

Hi all, 

Firstly, apologies, I have tried searching but couldn’t find anyone with the same or close enough wheel width and offset to get an idea. 

I’ve got a chance on a set of wheels 18x9.5 ET10 fronts and 18x11 ET8 rears. From what I’ve read so far the fronts shouldn’t be an issue but does anyone know what work would be required to fit the rears please? If anything of course. I’m guessing at least an arch roll, but don’t want to go down the route of overfenders. Car is currently on stock suspension.

Thanks in advance.

Edited by Shunter8

I was running 11.5 ET 15 on this, so not far off what youre talking about:

eR1f61l.jpg

Thats around a 75mm metal arch extension BUT I only needed that much as the inside of the wheel wouldnt clear the brakes so ended up having to add a 25mm spacer. Youll probably find you have the same problem though :lol:

This one is 11J ET5 with a 275 tyre:

1365206536.jpg

but he has had arches pulled, flared and is running 5,2 degs of camber, which is mental. :lol:

26 minutes ago, docwra said:

Its good but it doesnt take into account archhwork, camber, tyre profile relative to manufacturer - www.rimtuck.com does ;)

You’ve said it for me. I’ve tried willtheyfit but as said it was more arch side I’m concerned about, I know they’ll be fine suspension side. Will check out rimtuck now

• Like 1

1 hour ago, docwra said:

I was running 11.5 ET 15 on this, so not far off what youre talking about:

eR1f61l.jpg

Thats around a 75mm metal arch extension BUT I only needed that much as the inside of the wheel wouldnt clear the brakes so ended up having to add a 25mm spacer. Youll probably find you have the same problem though :lol:

This one is 11J ET5 with a 275 tyre:

1365206536.jpg

but he has had arches pulled, flared and is running 5,2 degs of camber, which is mental. :lol:

Well those are both good references. Kinda what I expected but not what I wanted to hear too though :lol: it’s my daily and I quite like the stock body of the 350 so don’t want to be doing major arch work just to fit a set of wheels. 

They’re from a friend so I can go try them on the car when I’m back in the country but thought I’d see if it was worth the travel to him or not first. Sounds like it may be ambitious but worth a shot. If not I’ll look out for a less aggressive setup at a later date as I can’t bear the 18” RAYS sitting so far into the arches and not a fan of massive spacers to cure that issue.

18 minutes ago, Payco said:

You will be surprised how much better the car looks lowered on a set of Tein springs and the Rays spaced.

Don’t get me wrong, I do like the RAYS but not sure I can stomach running 20-25mm spacers on them. 
However, Tein springs are on my radar. I need to do some measuring as I don’t want to lower the car too much and end up in the same predicament as my Mini (also only lowered on Tein springs) where it scraped over all the speed bumps in my village unless going really slow at an angle. So I’m past that kind of hassle just to drive in and out of home every time now. 

@Shunter8 You can fit almost anything on the back of these if you play about with tyre sizes and (maybe) a tiny bit of camber (2 or 3 degrees max).

Check out fitment industries gallery for an idea of what people have managed to get to fit on a 350.

https://www.fitmentindustries.com/wheel-offset-gallery?year=2005&make=Nissan&model=350Z&wheel_diameter_from=18&wheel_width_from=11.0&sort=date

The link above has tonnes of 350's with 11J rears :thumbs:

15 hours ago, Shunter8 said:

Don’t get me wrong, I do like the RAYS but not sure I can stomach running 20-25mm spacers on them. 
However, Tein springs are on my radar. I need to do some measuring as I don’t want to lower the car too much and end up in the same predicament as my Mini (also only lowered on Tein springs) where it scraped over all the speed bumps in my village unless going really slow at an angle. So I’m past that kind of hassle just to drive in and out of home every time now. 

Tein S will put you spot on, not too low but enough.

Photo of my old z on them on Rota GTRs

my 350z.jpg