A Sad Day!

hawker1986

Well with much regret the wife and I have sold our Zed today :(.

We are sad to see it go after having one for 8 years now, but it has not been seeing a lot of use as our third car and the cost of keeping it tip top the way we want it means its not sensible to carry on running if for so little use. Hopefully someone who will use and enjoy it will pick it up and it will make them as happy as it has made us.

Wanted to say thanks to everyone here, the forum has been a great place and a source of valuable information. Particular thanks to Mitz and Andy at Cougar Store for looking after the Zed so well for so long. 

iXgJsAs.jpg

2XvO8tI.jpg

Goodbye old friend!

• Like 2

Feel your pain... just put mine up for sale today as well.   In my case it was having 3 kids that killed it... been using it as my daily while the wife ferrys the sprogs around in the smax up until now. Trouble is, now they're getting older, they all need to be in different places at different times and having more than 1 spare seat has become important.

Just brought an absolute S**Tbox of a Renault Megane for 300 quid to drive while I sell the 350... It's gold, with a beige interior.  It's the motoring equivalent of how old men dress...

What to replace the 350z  with though?   I need 5 seats, Fast, reliable and semi-decent on fuel (but not a diesel as I do 16 miles a day and that'll kill the DPF)  - Basically, it's a Golf GTI or a Focus ST isnt it!  

6 hours ago, blazemaguire said:

Feel your pain... just put mine up for sale today as well.   In my case it was having 3 kids that killed it... been using it as my daily while the wife ferrys the sprogs around in the smax up until now. Trouble is, now they're getting older, they all need to be in different places at different times and having more than 1 spare seat has become important.

Just brought an absolute S**Tbox of a Renault Megane for 300 quid to drive while I sell the 350... It's gold, with a beige interior.  It's the motoring equivalent of how old men dress...

What to replace the 350z  with though?   I need 5 seats, Fast, reliable and semi-decent on fuel (but not a diesel as I do 16 miles a day and that'll kill the DPF)  - Basically, it's a Golf GTI or a Focus ST isnt it!  

Civic type R, if you can get over the looks, which we couldn't! wonderful to drive though

I can highly recommend the Golf as a "do everything" car - worked as daily commute for the missus, just been on a 7 day holiday with baby and two dogs, up for trying get a trackday in before Christmas in it now  and seeing > 40 mpg too (although not with the roofbox on) :lol:

• Like 1

11 hours ago, docwra said:

I can highly recommend the Golf as a "do everything" car - worked as daily commute for the missus, just been on a 7 day holiday with baby and two dogs, up for trying get a trackday in before Christmas in it now  and seeing > 40 mpg too (although not with the roofbox on) :lol:

Good stuff this all reassuring!

On 24/11/2019 at 12:14, blazemaguire said:

Maybe a gtr r35 they have a back seat 

17 hours ago, hawker1986 said:

Good stuff this all reassuring!

I also drove one across Germany a couple of years back, doing 2800km in 6 days including a sustained 15 minutes without dropping under 150 :lol:

From what Ive read the Hyundai n30, Megane and Pug 308 Gti are more driver focused but they also depreciate quicker. If you do go for the Golf the interior upgrade and Dynaudio are worthy, we also got pearl paint and different alloys as there are *quite a few* around, its good to be different ;)

7 hours ago, docwra said:

I also drove one across Germany a couple of years back, doing 2800km in 6 days including a sustained 15 minutes without dropping under 150 :lol:

From what Ive read the Hyundai n30, Megane and Pug 308 Gti are more driver focused but they also depreciate quicker. If you do go for the Golf the interior upgrade and Dynaudio are worthy, we also got pearl paint and different alloys as there are *quite a few* around, its good to be different ;)

Specced dynaudio and DCC but not much else, it’s well equipped to start with

• 2 weeks later...

I've just taken the same decision.

We needed another car that my wife could also drive and it makes no sense to keep it with the number of miles it would do, I'd rather someone else had it and enjoyed it than it rusted away.

On the plus side we're picking up an Alfa Giulia Veloce this week so it's not all bad.