Ferrari Roma....

AMT

https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/new-cars/new-ferrari-roma-200mph-front-engined-coupe

So, I like a good opinion...or debate or argument. lol What do we think of this new ...thing.

My thoughts on first glance:

- I think I like the rear

- The side profile I'm not so sure about, from the A-Pillar to the back the profile has a kind of Merc AMG GT look about it (which I hate, simply as I hate the look of the AMG)

- The front I like but that grill?

- The interior... yep love that...all swoopy and cockpit-y... 

Looks ok, front and rear are good . . . its just a little "rounded in the middle" for a Ferrari. needs some scoops or more flaring (subtle) down the side :shrug:

If I ever win the lottery and have enough money to spunk on a Ferrari. .  I will just wait for this B) . . . back to real life now :lol:

ferrari-f40-tribute-render.jpg

Reading the actual Ferrari site, it is meant to be simple (so no vents, swoops etc) and elegant in its design - which I believe it does achieve. I guess we have gotten used to Ferrari designs that are much more dramatic so this doesn't tick that box, but it isn't meant to?

2 hours ago, coldel said:

Reading the actual Ferrari site, it is meant to be simple (so no vents, swoops etc) and elegant in its design - which I believe it does achieve. I guess we have gotten used to Ferrari designs that are much more dramatic so this doesn't tick that box, but it isn't meant to?

Seems so - hence the rather untypical Ferrari  colour choice.

Only very little people for the rear - just hope they can see enough of the cockpit that is the best bit about car IMHO.

From some 3/4 angles looking at the back to the front, it the side profile and curve give me a reminder of the old 612 for some reason.  Still an unusual looking thing, but I suppose we need to start doing random different things or everything would look the same...or just an evolution of the previous. 

21 hours ago, DoogyRev said:

Looks ok, front and rear are good . . . its just a little "rounded in the middle" for a Ferrari. needs some scoops or more flaring (subtle) down the side :shrug:

If I ever win the lottery and have enough money to spunk on a Ferrari. .  I will just wait for this B) . . . back to real life now :lol:

ferrari-f40-tribute-render.jpg

Stunning. This one.

Not so keen on Roma. Looks like the new maserati they were going to bring out, Alfieri I think. 

Happened to be in a Ferrari showroom the other day and while they were impressive, 488 aside they arent exactly beautiful. 
GT4 is a bit heavy and clumsy in its styling, Portofino seems quite colour dependent, Superfast and F12 are a bit long in the bonnet.

All brought into sharp focus by the 246 Dino in the showroom and the F355 parked outside, while dynamically they wouldnt get close they look like Ferraris should IMO. 

I can forgive an F12 for some of its looks simply because of the way it drives :cloud9: and that noise from inside the cabin is to die for!

I like the Roma, but it’s a bit generic externally. Not that that’s always a bad thing, but this could be an Aston or a Jag as others have said quite easily. Interior cockpit design is tremendous though, much better than the usual Ferrari fare. 

Thanks for the videos Doogy! Watching them gives a better understanding of where it sits, rival wise.  I'm just not sold on it though, .... that grill...looks like the back of something inside a fridge.  I like the interior! (the rake and angle of the dash could be a bit less steep but I like the wrap around effect). 

Although not a rival, out of the recent reveals I'd much rather this... (even though I hate convertibles/roadsters/no roof things... lol)

https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/new-cars/mclaren-elva-revealed-804bhp-ultimate-series-roadster