Quote me FANTASTIC

ATTAK Z

2 hours ago, ATTAK Z said:

Anyone got SORNd vehicle insurance if so from where ? 

My motorbikes have been SORN`d for years and I just insure them through normal insurance company. I dont recall them ever asking me if they are taxed or not. For me I dont want to loose my NCB on them, so it makes sense for me just to keep renewing the insurance (as its less than £100 to insure 2 superbikes on a multibike policy). Then if I want to use them I just need to MOT & TAX them and away I go.

I am now wondering if insurance companies have some sort of clause that if the vehicle is SORN then their insurance isnt valid? But then loads of people SORN their vehicles over winter & drag them out again in spring time.....

52 minutes ago, rabbitstew said:

My motorbikes have been SORN`d for years and I just insure them through normal insurance company

Yea I can understand that, but I don't have or need NCB on the two cars I'm selling just the two cars I'm keeping ITMS

On 13/02/2020 at 14:53, ATTAK Z said:

Yes it does but only at trade value

Woah! That really surprises me. With the value of some vehicles dealers have on sale or return I would not have thought many people would be happy potentially accepting a trade in value for their car if it gets stolen / written off. Especially when the trade in value could be 25% less than the actual retail price (cost of replacement). :scare: 

• 1 month later...