Mike Brewer Interview (Wheeler Dealers)

vroom811

A bit off topic but I got the chance to interview Mike Brewer this weekend at the Lancaster Insurance Classic Car Show.   We talked about the reality of making Wheeler Dealers, the cars that he thought he'd love but hated after having them on the show, how he met Ant Anstead and his two new TV shows.  He comes across very much as a "salesman" always highlighting his achievements but in person he was a really nice guy and was very generous with his time.   Anyway, would love to know your thoughts.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

I’m one of those who likes to give him a little stick, he doesn’t mind the sound of his own voice, but I do love Wheeler Dealers and am very grateful for what the show’s taught me and entertained me with. Interesting to hear how much it takes to put episodes together.

Thanks for sharing it, well worth a watch. You did well to get any questions in at all mate! 

I think hes an absolute tool and have no idea how he gets airtime. His knowledge of cars is limited at best (calling a Renault Alpine an Alpina repeatedly was a favourite, checking the oil filler cap for HG signs on an aircooled 911 was another), hes not a coherent or interesting presenter and the mockney thing does my head in, either do it properly or not at all. 

Wheeler Dealers was all a massive setup that could have been so much better and why an overweight sweaty man chooses to present from California will always be a mystery to me. I do like Edd China though and apparently Mikes brother is a good lad too. :lol:

As it happens Im not alone in my dislike of Brewer, the SXOC back in the day used to have a bit of a field day with him :lol:

https://www.sxoc.com/vbb/showthread.php?317790-Pulling-Power-ITV&highlight=brewer
https://www.sxoc.com/vbb/showthread.php?169668-Mike-Brewer-Total-****&highlight=brewer

Theres plenty more if you search for "Brewer" in titles, and yes, I have been wasting time on forums since well before 2005

On 12/11/2019 at 11:51, Andy_Muxlow said:

I really enjoyed the video. Thanks for sharing. I actually like him but he can be a bit of a kn*b lol. Interesting story though.

Thanks Andy.  He's maybe unaware how he comes across.   Hes a nice chap in person.

On 11/11/2019 at 17:01, docwra said:

I think hes an absolute tool and have no idea how he gets airtime. His knowledge of cars is limited at best (calling a Renault Alpine an Alpina repeatedly was a favourite, checking the oil filler cap for HG signs on an aircooled 911 was another), hes not a coherent or interesting presenter and the mockney thing does my head in, either do it properly or not at all. 

Wheeler Dealers was all a massive setup that could have been so much better and why an overweight sweaty man chooses to present from California will always be a mystery to me. I do like Edd China though and apparently Mikes brother is a good lad too. :lol:

As it happens Im not alone in my dislike of Brewer, the SXOC back in the day used to have a bit of a field day with him :lol:

https://www.sxoc.com/vbb/showthread.php?317790-Pulling-Power-ITV&highlight=brewer
https://www.sxoc.com/vbb/showthread.php?169668-Mike-Brewer-Total-****&highlight=brewer

Theres plenty more if you search for "Brewer" in titles, and yes, I have been wasting time on forums since well before 2005

You are not on your own i think he is a tool, Ed is a good man but Brewer ruins the show for me